Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Belly laughs

As time passes I learn to accept my defeats with my head up.
Not every smile is genuine, and not every touch is filled with love.
Having people surrounding me doesn't always mean I am rich, and today is all I have because plans have a way of falling apart, and nothing is certain.
I've learned that even when I am cold the fire can burn me.
Words are not contracts, and I am beginning to recognize that laughter, real, deep belly laughter can chain me to a soul more than the touch of a hand.
I don't know how to sit still with a quiet mind, but I have learned to be easy on myself.
I have learned that I am strong, and I can rise, and just like a star is created from a cosmic storm I can become even stronger, and brighter despite.
Life is hard, genuine people are few.
Cherish the belly laughs

No comments: