In 2007 our lives were changed forever by Rubinstein-Taybi Syndrome. What we thought would be devastating ended up to be the biggest blessing.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Tropical Escape

I hate using my shampoo as soap. When I run out of soap, what else can I do.......
Trip to the store, try a new scent!
Tropical escape sounds fabulous!
Turns out to be more post traumatic stressish.....Guess I have been attracted to the tropical escape title before. In fact it would have been September 9, 2007, about 1:00 in the afternoon. That brain is a sneaky organ! I went to the store to buy what I needed to move into the NICU, at the time I thought I (would be watching him die.)

Suddenly my warm shower turns into a flood of sickening feelings and emotions. I'm ok, Alex is ok, deep breath, except there is that smell again......It is ok, remember that time I think to myself, when I forgot to grab a towel, of course didn't know until I'm dripping wet. Stick my head out the door? No, not comfortable asking the doctor to grab me a towel on his way to resuscitate someone. Hmmmm, stand here until I dry? Aaahhhh, paper towels! Not so bad, little scratchy. Enough to open my c-section incision a bit. Ain't no thang!

Yes, funny thoughts. That helps. I'm ok, Alex is ok, Max is ok, my big boys they are ok. We made it! Deep breaths, and time to smell this tropical escape. Life is good.

4 comments:

Betic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betic said...

I just stumbled back to your blog and was happy to see two new posts since Feb of 2012.
I do hope you can blog more, I enjoy your writing.

omair khan said...

Best online earning system in the world, Online Data entry jobs, Form Filling Jobs, Copy Pasting Jobs
Join the best online system from home, Best Investment Plans without any work
www.jobzcorner.com

omair khan said...

Best online earning system in the world, Online Data entry jobs, Form Filling Jobs, Copy Pasting Jobs
Join the best online system from home, Best Investment Plans without any work
www.jobzcorner.com