Thursday, November 17, 2011

In idle

Button placed (G Day)
4 years later














That was what she said......The wonderful Dr. Cox. Lets keep his g-tube idle. Not in use............NOT ACTIVE. We are just 3 days to the 4 year mark that we were re-admitted to the hospital for aspiration pneumonia which began the ball rolling on getting the g-tube placed. Now we have been given the green light, err I feel ready to turn on the green light and not use this miracle called a mic-key button. LOVE the button! That little piece of plastic kept Alex out of the hospital more than I can count on my hand. Kept him growing better than expected, and gave me a peace no doctor could give me.










Alex eats, and drinks enough that I and his doctors don't feel the need of relying on this plastic to keep him going.










Next goal to get the boy to pick his own cup up and choose to drink........For now, Ill gladly hold it for him, and the button will be idle.................

9 comments:

Nicky said...

Awwwhhh...precious angel boy! That is awesomeness with a capital WOOHOO! Way to go Mom and Alex!!! xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jessica, this makes me cry! This is such happy news! I have been praying for this day for a long time. I am so proud of you and Alex. Way to go mom. You both have come such a long way. I love you!
-Aunt Mary

Cindy said...

That's great news! Whoo hoo! It is a seriously major milestone. I know it's hard to finally take it out (we were very cautious and hadn't used it in 6 months, I think before we took Natalie's out)...but I felt good waiting until after the cold and flu season to be sure.

Way to go Jessica, on encouraging him to eat his way through life! ;)

Kelly said...

Yippee...what good news!!!

Very blog worthy!

Kelly

The VW's said...

Awesome news! Go Alex! Hugs!

Jacqui said...

What a long road, and at times I know you wondered if you would ever reach a time when Alex could get all he needed by mouth. He has really come such a long way. And so have you. Inspiring - both of you. What joy on your faces - we celebrate with you.

Jason and Vanessa said...

Alex, I have watched you grow up over the last few years and I am so proud of you. You are getting so bad and learning so much! I am so excited you don't need your g-tube anymore and it can just sit idle. Way to go sweet boy. Keep defying all the odds and shining so bright!
Love you,
Vanessa

Sherry C said...

What a great post!!! Alex is making great progress. My girl has her button 4 years too and is eating but the drinking thing is still a problem so it's sticking around a little longer. Congrats!

Saeed Zia said...

Jobs at your Home, Internet Online Jobs like data entry, copy pasting, Form Filling, Facebook Sharing Jobs, Clicking Jobs, Web Surfing, Google Jobs and Much More Earning Systems Online
www.jobzcorner.com