Monday, April 18, 2011

Love that Quaker man!

Every morning Alex eats a bowl full of cream of wheat. There are yummy flavors and its a quick breakfast. That is key! This weekend I had run out of cream of wheat so I went to the next best thing........oatmeal. Not as quick, but giving Alex drinks in between every few bites really helped, and when the bowl was empty, his glass was half empty. After doing the math I found that if Alex drinks half (4oz) a glass at all 4 meals we don't, I repeat DON'T have to tube him during the day at ALL......Just in the morning for meds, and at night for meds......We just went from 5 tubing sessions to two. Just like that. Just because this Quaker man said so. I love that Quaker man. We are now just 300 cc's from being tube free! A week ago it was 740cc's.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Slow and steady wins the race! Way to go Alex!

Staci said...

YAY Alex! Something about that Quaker man...when my son was about a year old every time he would see the Quaker man on a box or on tv in a commercial he would bust out in a serious fit of giggles. I have no idea why but it always cracked me up. He eventually grew out of it but he still smiles whenever he sees him 7 years later :)

Groceries said...

YEAAAHHH! Go Alex! You're awesome, little man! =)

Sawyer said...

Wahooo!!