Sunday, April 10, 2011

It might just be

that from the beginning he had a smile on his face. It might just be that this was what I saw the first time I set eyes on him.
It might just be that hours after meeting him he was taken far away
on an aircraft that I havent even experienced.
It might just be that I could not hold him for two weeks.
It might just be all that trouble inserting the damn tube into his little nose, down his throat, and into his stomach, NOT his lungs, you know that might kill him.
It might just be the ordeal of his mic-key button procedure.
It could be that sitting up for the first time was a big deal.

It might just be that getting this chubalub to crawl,
took almost two years, what with hospital stays, sickness, and therapy
BUT finally happend making the wait worth the while.
It might just be that 3.5 years after he fought for his life he is walking out doors on his own.

It might just be the reason that this closet full of brother hand me downs in a size 4T means so much to me.
You changed me Alex, I see clearly now, Im so blessed to be your mom.

5 comments:

Finding Normal said...

Wow! Simply beautiful! I can't believe he was ever that chubby!

Pudgy Pencils said...

I love this!! O how I love the "chubbalub" pics, they are reminding me so much of Mason right now and inspiring that he might sit soon in spite of it all :) How old was Alex when he did sit like that all by himself? Way to go on all these accomplishments, he is blowin' everyone outta the water :) God is good!

Team Carter Jay said...

amazing post <3

Nicky said...

It might just be that the two of you, Jessica and Alex, are one awesome Mom & Son team!!!

Kelly said...

I might just be that God gave us each other so we could raise these special angels together.

I love you truly...

KRW