Sunday, March 13, 2011

Meatballs, noodles, oatmeal, and other chunks of info!




I can not believe how quickly the change in Alex's eating is happening. Just the other day I was telling you about the meatloaf and mac n cheese Alex ate.


Last night Alex had meatballs, and spaghetti, again NOT PUREED!


This morning I thought if Alex can eat a meat ball the boy can have oatmeal instead of his usual cream of wheat. Yep, I was right. He ate an entire bowl of oatmeal, and a banana on the side.


I don't worry one bit about the boy and eating.


He eats, he eats a variety of food, he eats healthy food. Food from every food group including meat!


Next step getting him to drink, and I don't doubt one bit that it will happen.


This Tuesday we go see our nutritionist, and I am ready to make some changes that will get him drinking. I'm wondering if we can drop the 300 dollar a case that's 12 dollar per can peptamin jr from our world, and let the boy get his calories from his very balanced diet of real food!


I don't think I ever believed this day would not come, but I didn't know when, I didn't understand how, and here we are.


So unbelievably happy about these changes.


Thank you Alex for teaching me to take the good and the bad changes with grace and ease. You are a rainbow after the storm.


5 comments:

Food Chaining said...

I TOLD you, you don't need me. Let Sibyl do her magic and he might want a drink too! Hee hee.

Kelly said...

Yippee....I feel your joy over here in SC!!

Kelly

Finding Normal said...

That is great news! Sounds like he's ready to transition away from the tube! Are you still doing water in it for hydration? Addison is eating chunky purees, but I just don't know how to move to food that isn't blended. I'm so scared of the choking possibility! We left Ms. Feeding in Indy, so I guess I should find one in the ATL.

Tarah said...

Way to go Alex!

I can't wait until I can write a post about Sawyer doing the same thing.

Cindy said...

I'm jumping for joy with you! To go from hearing your child needs a g-tube and will take years to eat normally...to get to the day where he's eating normally, is a lifetime. We're different people than we were, and so are our kids.