Friday, December 10, 2010

Sickies and then some.......

We have been sick. The weekend after Thanksgiving started with fevers, barking coughs for the three youngest, and an ear infection for Max to boot. That took a good week for everyone to get over. Today my oldest came home from school with the throw ups, and so the cycle begins.....
BUT! In between all the sickies, we have still managed to smile in the bath........




Play with oven mitts, and eat cookies.......

Steal our brothers glasses off their face and hide under the table.





Wish for Santa.....



AND watch a LOT of TV..........





Why do I seem so cheerful you ask? Well, it used to be that anytime someone was sick around the house I would coat them in germ-x and Clorox wipe the entire house every other hour. Ok, well I do still germ-x and Clorox wipe, its my crutch, It satisfies my control issues, but the good news is, is that my Alex is no longer considered fragile, he can have a fever, a cough, just feel lousy, and be ok!!!!! It has been so nice to not constantly worry about him. He is just a regular kid, taken it easy when hes sick. Well, better than regular since I can keep him VERY WELL hydrated with that blessing of g-tube when he is sick..........










5 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Such great news that Alex can just be normal now when he doesn't feel good. He is one tough and precious little guy who is growing up so big and great. Have a wonderful weekend.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Brandi said...

Enough all ready with germs around your house. I'm glad everyone is making it thorough o.k, especially Alex. I look forward to the day I can say that Nathan is no longer fragile!

Your boys are too precious, all of them!

Cindy said...

I love the first picture of Max...what great teeth! Isn't it ironic to consider the g-tube a blessing? I know what you mean...it is soooo helpful during sickness. I'm glad Alex is doing so well that you don't have to worry.

Hugs! (with germ-x!)

Kelly said...

Love the picture with Max under the table with Alex's glasses! Max started getting sick after Thanksgiving too. Awful cough! On Sunday, he started running a low grade temp and had it until Thursday. On Thursday I called the doctor to see if they think he should be seen or does what he have sound like a virus going around. They wanted him to come in because pneumonia was going around and knowing his history of pneumonia. Well, his lungs sounded great but had an ear infection. So, I get you about not being as worried when he gets anymore! Hope the germies leave your home soon! Kelly F

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I hope everyone is feeling better soon! It is amazing the first time our kids get sick and it's NOT a huge deal. Just a normal kid cold. The g-tube is definitely a blessing, I agree!

I cannot believe how grown up Max is looking already. Such handsome boys!