Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Feeding update


We are SUPER busy these days with three boys in school. However, I couldn't be more happy with the progress Alex is making. He is using PECS at school, and choosing m&ms to eat (of course), he is using a special crooked spoon at school, and feeding himself! He is getting better at textures (no more pureed banana for him). He is feeding himself raisins, cereal and all sorts of things that he throws on the floor here at home. Drinking is still our biggest challenge, he has 0 desire to drink. But this is a food update, and I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel:) From NPO to using a spoon!



p.s. I promise to update my blog more, I think.......

5 comments:

Sawyer said...

It's okay I'm not as busy as you and I'm not doing a very good job at updating Sawyer's blog. I do love hearing about Alex though and I'm so glad everything is going so great with his food and he is progressing. That is always the best.

Anonymous said...

So happy for the update! I check in daily to see how that sweet boy is doing!

Kathi

Cindy said...

That's great! I still look back in amazement at our kids' feeding progress. When I remember the GI's prognosis after g-tube, it's truly amazing. Slow and steady wins the race. Way to go Alex!

Kristi said...

Happy for the both of you.. And especially that you are loving Alex's school. That is a huge relief isn't it?

Groceries said...

Ok what is PECS? And GREAT JOB ALEX!! He's learning SO much!