Monday, September 20, 2010

The babies err, baby.

There is only one baby in this house.
His name is Max, but this post isn't about him, its about his big brother who I used to put into the same category.
I call Noah and Joel "the bigs" and Alex and Max "the Little's", and sometimes "the babies". It was just by default.
Since school has started for Alex I am very much aware that Max is the only baby in this house. I love it, and so does Max.
Serious!
Look at this big boy! Since school has started Alex has started climbing and sitting on anything but the floor.




SOOOOO HANDSOME!




Here is Alex in OT at school...
and even making friends....melt my heart.
However, when he brought home to his momma his very FIRST piece of art work tears came out of my eyes, and I immediately hung it up. I have a thing for my kids art work, and this one is pretty special!


I know I am being repetitive when I say this,but it doesn't seem so long ago I was bedside with Alex and he was fighting to live. I remember it so clearly, and I wont forget how hard that time was.
Today Alex walked into his classroom holding his teachers hand, and on the other side holding a classmates hand......I wanted to shout out to everyone "he almost didn't make it, look at him go!" Watching him walk hand in hand with a classmate, a peer, has melted my heart today. So instead of causing a scene at his school, Ill shout it out here, again.....HE ALMOST DIDN'T MAKE IT! lOOK AT HIM GO!





12 comments:

Our Journey said...

I'm so proud of both of you! He looks like he is doing great and LOVING IT!! Way to go Alex and Jessica!

Brandi said...

O.k, you made me cry this morning...tears of joy! Yes, he made it, look at him now! I'm encouraged at how well he has adjusted to school so fast. I love him!

Nicky said...

You got the tears going this side too Jessica, with the help of that beautifully gorgeous little boy of yours. Do either of you have any inkling how inspiring you are?

The VW's said...

Great job Alex! You are such a big boy and very handsome too! No more "baby" for you! Hugs!!!

Kristi said...

Crying here too. happy tears. He sure did make it..I'm so very proud of him.

Kelly said...

He does look so big...do we really want our babies to grow up?
Kelly

Groceries said...

I'm sitting here reading this at work with tears rolling down my cheeks. I know I have only met him once but I feel like I know him through your blog. I couldn't be happier for you, for him. You're such an awesome mom, and awesome person, and Alex is awesome too! He is making it, and he's a wonderful boy! I'm sure in his years to come he will show people that no matter what they're going through, they can make it too! Congrats, little man! I'm so proud of you!

Alicia said...

I love it!! He is such a big boy and he looks so grown up and handsome! I love his eyes, they make me melt!

Definitely not a baby anymore!

KrazyMom said...

Oh he just melts my heart! I love hearing about that little...err big...guy of yours! Way to go Alex! :)

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

Just stumbled on to your beautiful blog. This made me cry!

Sawyer said...

What an amazing little guy! He is growing up so fast. I love his art project. Sawyer had his first project this week too, I know the joy you feel.

Misty said...

Absolutely wonderful! Such a big boy! So excited for you and Alex :) What an amazing journey you are on together.