Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Alex the GREAT!




I rarely left your side when you were born. I studied your every breath, move, noise. I sang to you, talked to you, read to you. You fought to live. You fought hard. All I could do was watch you, cheer you on. It hurt my heart.


You are amazing, you have changed me, I want to be more like you. I am honored to be a part of your life.
Not a day has gone by that I didn't know what you were doing at any certain time, I know every drop that goes in.....and out:) Now I will wonder.
Today you test out your wings, and all I can do is watch. I know you can do this. I know you will fly high. My heart hurts today, but I am so happy for you. This is your first step in showing the world who you are, you are a part of this world, you have already changed it with just your little 3 years in it.
Now get out there, learn, make your way, and as my dad used to say to me every morning.....kick some butt.







I LOVE you so BIG Alex. Happy 3rd birthday!



11 comments:

Our Journey said...

look at him!! such a handsome boy :) happy birthday to the big boy alex!

Terri H-E said...

Cheers to the big boy! Peace to the momma who lets go with grace and confident hope.

The VW's said...

WOW! What a big day for Alex and his Momma! Happy Birthday handsome boy! Have a great 1st day of school! Hugs!!!

Jacquie said...

What a handsome man!
And is that the look of excitement in his eyes I see?
Good luck Buddy!

Kristi said...

I can't wait to see how he did. And I'm glad you made that book for his teacher. I'm sure she really appreciated it,.

Groceries said...

Happy Birthday Alex! I hope you have a great first day of school! You're lookin' great, little man!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

How grown up and absolutely handsome does he look!! :) Happy birthday Alex!

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Alex! You are going to love love love school!
Your friend,
Natalie :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Alex, you are so so precious. I love you very much. You are going to have a great day at school today and how appropriate that it is on your birthday. Happy birthday, Alex the Great! We know you have great things in store fo you. Love, Aunt Mary

Phillippa said...

Jessica, Alex could not be more gorgeous. :-)

Nicky said...

Happy Birthday Precious Alex! We so hope that you absolutely ADORE school...and why wouldn't you with all the wonderful preparation Mom's done to ensure you transition beautifully. Congratulations to Alex AND Mom. Heaps o' Hugs