Tuesday, June 1, 2010

IEP

Um, excuse me. Remember this baby?
The baby who couldn't breath.
Who was life flighted to St.Louis for hear lung bypass?
Who was the sickest baby out of all 60 in the NICU?
Remember?
This morning is Alex's first IEP meeting concerning school.
I feel well prepared, ok, well, as prepared as I can be, as this really feels like my first IEP meeting.
This one feel serious.
BIG.
Real.
I can not believe he will be going to school in 3. Short. Months.
Somebody has come a L O N G way!

5 comments:

Groceries said...

I'm so happy for you, sweet Alex! You are an awesome little guy and have overcome a LOT of obsticles in your short life. I'm sure you'll conquer school with the same awesome determination!!! Good luck, little man! =)

Kristi said...

Wow, what a coincidence Noah had his first IEP this morning too. I was so nervous but it went well. He will start in a week.. Hope all goes well for you.

Lauren, Daniel, James and baby Brendan. said...

That is great! :-) I am so happy for you and Alex. Hope the meeting went well!

Sawyer said...

I can't believe it. I'm already nervous about Sawyer going to school next year. Alex will do great! He has come a long way.

Jenny said...

That is really exciting news! He will love school! I cried the first day our Sammy went to school - but it's been so good for her. She loves it! Alex will love it too. You've already realized that you don't know me, but I've been following your blog just for a few weeks now. Thank you for sharing about your son. He's really a sweetheart.