Friday, April 30, 2010

Long time no bloggie......

I know, I know.....

Its been so busy, but what am I saying, its always so busy. Max is getting 4 top front teeth, although this has not messed up his two naps a day, or sleeping through the night, he is just a little more needy when awake. Alex has a cold, the same one Joel is sporting, but nothing to be concerned with. Soccer practice, soccer games, making dinner, one load of laundry a day, just one! It keeps me caught up if I do one a day. I like it way more than having a day entirely devoted to laundry.
Noah is having 5 of his closest friends spend the night on tonight, our plans are to have a water balloon fight, a ball game in the front yard, McDonald's for dinner, and come home for ice cream sundaes, and video games, every boys dream right? Joel is having a friend over too, cause one more will only add to the fun! Really, I'm kind of excited about it! Crazy? I think not! Ask me again on tomorrow morning though.

Alex has an appointment at the end of May to get a prescription for SMO's, a new pair of kicks, and we hope he is walking before school starts in September! He is eating great, growing like a weed, in fact today he is wearing size 3T both top and bottom! The more I think about school, the more excited I get for Alex, I know the best is yet to come......Speaking of school, I'm going back. I thought I should add one more thing to this thing called life. Really though, since my 6 week stay in the nicu, I have known that instead of social work, I should have studied for a degree in nursing. SO now I plan to have a BSW and a nursing degree under my belt. Its too much, but I finally found out what I want to be when I grow up, and there is only one way to get it, that means more school. I have nothing but time, as I don't want to work full time until Max runs his skinny little legs through the doors of his school for his first day of kindergarten, so bring on the lectures, books, and exams..........

Oh, I got a perm too...I know what you are thinking and NO, I don't tight roll my jeans too! I love it! It was scary, I almost didn't do it, but I love and trust my hair girl, and she knew what she was doing!!! 4 hours later, after color, and rollers......I love it! It looks good when I get out of bed, it looks good at the end of the day, and all I have to do is scrunch and go!

So, it has been busy, like always. I have been "moming" it up, and things have been good!

8 comments:

Finding Normal said...

Love the update, but you know I want pictures of the teeth and the hair! ;)
Good for you for going back to school. You will be an amazing nurse!

Cindy said...

Must have pictures of hair! How exciting to be going back to school...I know you'll enjoy it! And you'll have great empathy with family members whose kids are in the hospital.

Michelle said...

What, no pictures?!? =)

The VW's said...

I agree...we need pictures! :)

connie said...

I'm with everyone else. I need a visual. And you will be a great nurse. And you need to have more kids, then, because there is a nursing shortage; we need out out there breeding baby nurses.

At least that's what I was told, so that's why we have 5.

Sawyer said...

I want pictures! I bet it's really cute.

You are going to be an awesome nurse!

Groceries said...

I agree - pics of the teeth and hair??

Congrats on your decision to go back to school! I know you'll do very well, and don't forget to call me if you need help with anything!

Kristi said...

That's great you are going back to school. Ironic because so am I except to teach. Glad to hear from you.