Sunday, April 11, 2010

healing, fussing, signing,army crawling.........

Such a busy week!
Along with the normal basketball, soccer, and regular life and then throw in the stress of pain, and just plain worry, it has been a busy week.
I am so, so thankful for my aunt who came all the way from Colorado originally to watch the 3 boys during Alex's surgery, but instead to just be an extra set of hands. The laundry was done, the house stayed clean. Really clean too! It was a blessing, a huge blessing to not have to worry about all the household stuff getting done, on top of caring for Alex, and just plain worry. Then my mom who provided many meals! So thankful for the help. Those words really arent enough!

I just wanted to let you all know that Alex continues to improve everyday. His pain is less, and less. Today he went without any pain meds, but it did leave him a little fussy at times, sometimes we cant get him to calm down, other times he just fusses. He still isn't back to normal, complains a lot, which is just not like him. I miss him.

I have LOTS of pictures to upload, but left my camera at my parents house so all that will have to wait.
More good news! He is now consistent in signing book, and he does it perfectly! He has even come up to his dad, and signed book without anyone suggesting it to him. Communication has begun!
We also have a baby on the move! Yes, on the move! I think we may have our hands full with this little man!
Like I said, pictures will just have to wait!
Not sure how long, tomorrow I'm on my own, and I'm a bit scared!

7 comments:

Christine said...

What good news Jessica! So glad you had some family to help you this week. I've been thinking about you lots and wondering how things were going. I am thrilled to hear about Alex and the progress he is making. You'll have your Alex back soon! He's communicating too!! So awesome!
Can't believe your little man is on the move already... Wasn't he just born a few months ago???
Miss you my friend. Sending you big hugs from Canada.

Kristi said...

Glad Alex is feeling better.. Good job signing "book". That is one of Noah's favorite signs.

Brandi said...

So glad to hear that you have had help from your aunt and your mom. It sounds like it has really helped ease a little bit of the stress.

So glad to hear that Alex is improving! It amazes me that in the midst of all of his pain that he his continuing on with his new signing skill. I wish I could be as strong as our boys sometimes!

Hope you have a good week Jessica!

Kelly said...

So glad things are back to normal!!! I love normal!

Kelly

Groceries said...

SO glad he's improving. Keep up the good work, Mama, you're doing GREAT! =)

Pam said...

I am so glad he is doing better!!!!! I have been praying!!!!
Doula mama Pam

sugar magnolia said...

What a nice post to read! So glad things are improving!