Friday, April 2, 2010

Alex had an accident

Update: 9:30am Saturday: The doctor came in while I was on the phone with Jessica. She text me that the doctor wants them to do therapy at home and they are sending them home sometime today. If Alex shows no signs of improvement by Wednesday, surgery may be needed. Update: 6am Saturday: Alex has slept as good as one can in a PICU with alarms, nurses laughing, blood pressure checks, etc. They will be doing more x-rays this morning to see how the vertebrae looks after setting head mid line. They will also talk with neurology this morning. Update: 1am Saturday morning: Jessica says that Alex has been sedated and his neck is stabilized in a brace. The sedation went well. Update: 11pm Friday night: Jessica just text me that they are transferring Alex to the PICU (still at the Peoria hospital) because he either can't or wont move his head to the right. They are going to sedate him and try to relax his muscles. She said if that doesn't work then they will do "traction" (which I don't know what that means). Pray. Original Post: Hey ya'll. This is Jessica's friend Myssie, William's Mom. I just got off of the phone with a very distraught Jessica... Jessica said that she was checking on the progress of the deck in the backyard. She opened the back door to take a look while Alex was sitting in his highchair. She decided to leave the door open to let the breeze go through her house and forgot to close it when she got Alex out of the highchair. Alex fell out of the back door. I am not sure how far he fell but he has a broken vertebrae in his back (Jessica can't remember which one) and they are transferring him to a hospital in Peoria so that a neurologist can examine him. Those were the only details that I got before she lost phone service in the ambulance. Please keep sweet Alex in your prayers and thoughts...Jessica too. I will update when I find out more...

31 comments:

Kristi said...

oh no. praying for Alex and Jessica..

Crayon Wrangler said...

Sending prayers not only for Alex's health and healing but also for Jessica that she will be absolved of feeling of guilt. I can't imagine what she might be feeling.
Huge virtual mom hugs!

tomandcheryl said...

So so so very sorry this is happening. What an unfortunate accident. I hope Alex is feeling better soon and Jessica is okay.
~Cheryl

Angel and Randy said...

Praying.

Alicia said...

Oh no! I am praying so hard right now. Jessica, I am praying for Alex, that he is comfortable, heals quickly and has no long lasting effects. I am praying for you and your family that you can feel the comfort and peace of the Lord surrounding you in this difficult time.

All my love to you, Pruitts.

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

I'm praying for you all! I hope that everything turns out ok! Please know that we are all here for u!! I wish I lived closer to u! *hugs*

Following HIM said...

Oh my goodness! Prayers are pouring out to Alex as well as the Pruitts!
~Elyse

connie said...

I am praying right now for Alex and Jessica.

Our Journey said...

praying for yall Jessica, if you need anything please dont hesitate to ask

Christine said...

Ahhhh Jessica I am sad to hear about Alex's accident. I pray Alex stays comfortable. I am praying for you and your family Jess. Wish I could be there to comfort you in person. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Christine

Holli Davis said...

Praying for you.

Tamara said...

oh Jess I an thinking an praying for you all right now!!! Please keep us posted...

Team Carter Jay said...

Praying like crazy here!!

angie said...

I'm keeping you in my prayers Alex! (and Mommy and Daddy too).

Barb said...

Thinking of you all from Melbourne Australia x x x x

Captain said...

Keeping Alex in our prayers!

The VW's said...

OH NO!!! I am so sorry Jessica! I'll be PRAYING big time! Big hugs to you and sweet Alex!!

Stephanie said...

Sent Myssie an e-mail with my contact info. You are in our home away from home. Make sure they treat you right, or they will have to deal with me. ;) We are coming up there on the 12th. Please let me know if there is anything that you need. We will be praying!

Hugs!

Steph and Christopher

Cathy said...

Jessica, you and Alex are in our prayers. I am so sorry that this happened. Praying that he will be in the hands of some great drs. and the MIghty Physician.

Groceries said...

I'm definitely praying for you and sweet Alex! Please let me know if you need anything, if I can do anything. I'm in Peoria nearly every day. Hang in there!

Ally in Wonderland said...

Praying for Alex's health and Jessica's peace.

trista said...

Prayers, Prayers, Prayers! Love to Alex and Momma!

Noelle said...

Praying for all of you! Accidents happen to us all. Alex knows he is loved.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Oh my gosh! Jessica, I hope that Alex is resting comfortably and is not in pain. Praying for a quick and complete recovery.

tm in mo said...

praying and sending so much luv your way ~ Alex is blessed to have a family that loves him ---he's just curious (and adorable)like a Little Monkey we all love!

Melissa said...

Praying!

Kerri H said...

How scary...our thoughts and prayers go out to you guys! :{

Kelly said...

I want to be with you guys so much. So sorry this happened...

Sherry C said...

Praying really hard for Alex and mom too.

Cindy said...

Wow...I just saw the news. I'm so sorry to hear about this and am praying that he makes a full recovery.

Anonymous said...

How are you Jessica? How is sweet Alex? Praying for peace and healing.

Lisa