Monday, March 8, 2010

3 in 1

TADA!!!!
Wow today was a day full of accomplishments for Alex! This morning in therapy he watched his therapist raise her hands and say "TADA!" whenever he would put a block in the right shaped hole. Then he mimicked her, and raised his hands up!
He also fed the baby doll with a spoon after watching Mrs. Cheryl do it. I was so, so, so excited!
Then to end the day well, he ate one entire pancake for dinner! He has always just taken bites, but was able to swallow it so fast, he finished one entire pancake bigger than my hand!!!! I was thrilled, it felt so normal, yes I was feeding him the bites, but it felt so normal! 3 huge accomplishments in one day, not 6 months! Go Alex!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

I told you that will just start happening...GOOOOO Alex!!!!

Kelly

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Wow, what a day Alex!! :)

connie said...

Now THIS is the kind of thing I love to read! Cute picture, too! I'm so happy for him - and you.

Sawyer said...

How exciting!! I hope for the day that Sawyer will chew and swallow you give me hope! I am so proud of Alex all of his hard work is paying off.

Molly said...

So many accomplishments for a little man!! Go Alex, so proud of you!! Keep making Mommy smile : )

Cindy said...

Tada! is right! Way to go Alex...keep surprising Mama!

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

That is great! He is so handsome!

Jess and Krissy said...

Yay Alex! I can't get over how big he is getting!

The VW's said...

YAY ALEX!!! Keep it up Buddy!

Groceries said...

YEAH!!! Way to go Alex! Keep it up, Little Man! I'm proud of you!

Holli Davis said...

How awesome! :) Aren't you so proud??? Glad hes making progress, and you are there cheering him on.... Keep it up Alex.

Brandi said...

A whole pancake? That is so awesome! Love those days when things just click. It reminds us that they can do it, just on their own time! Way to go! I will eat pancakes with you someday Alex. I like banana pancakes the best :)

Christine said...

Amazing Alex!!! That's what you are!! Keep it up, you give me so much hope!

Jacqui said...

Hi Jessica
Alex is really looking so grown up. It really is remarkable. And what a glorious day with 3 big milestones to celebrate. What a treat..all in one day. I must just say that I am not able to leave comments as often as I like, but I still read all your posts - and am loving watching Alex's metamorphasis into an amazing boy who is able to interact so beautifully with those around him.