Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wheezing, coughing, snot and more!

Wonder where I have been?
Alex woke up Tuesday morning wheezing, coughing, and snotting. He didn't sleep well the night before, and was very lazy and tired on Tuesday. He just cuddled his pillow and watched movies upside down all day.
Wednesday was much better, woke up a little wheezy, but with breathing treatments, and lots of suctioning he has been able to eat at about 95% normal amounts.
This morning around 11:00 we leave for Saint Louis for an eye appointment to check his vision, and also to see if his tear duct remains open after the tear duct probe he had last summer. If it has closed back up he will have it probed again and a stent placed when he has his PDA closed in April. If it remains open I plan on getting an eye doctor closer to home since he wont be needing anymore eye surgery's.
Follow me on twitter if you want a play by play of the day!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Awwww, poor sick Alex! I pray he gets better soon and that your appointments go well today.

Cathy said...

I've said it before, you have the most handsome boys. I am so sorry that Alex hasn't been feeling well and hoping that he is back to his ole self very soon. How are you keeping up? I can't imagine how busy you are and how you must drop at the end of the evening.

The VW's said...

Hope Alex is feeling better soon! He sure is cute, even when he isn't feeling well! Hope your appointment goes well! HUGS!!!

Kelly said...

Hope he is feeling better soon! I am home with two kids on antibiotics today. Ava with strep. Max with an ear infection and lots of snot which = throwing up. I am hoping they will be good to go to the Dells next weekend though! Good luck with your appointments! Love the super cute pics! Kelly

Kristi said...

hope you feel better dude. Love, Noah..

Lindsey said...

LOVE your family picture...your kiddos are precious!!
Lindsey Petersen
http://5kidswdisabilities.wordpress.com

connie said...

I don't really understand how that little boy can be sneezing, coughing, snotting ... and still be so cute! I love the part about watching movies upside down. :) I hope the day went well.

Is the PDA surgery date set, or will you have another visit with the cardiologist before the date?

Groceries said...

I sure hope Alex gets to feeling better soon - but I must say - he looks pretty cuddly in those cute jammies! =)