Friday, February 5, 2010

Whats up?

Or down? Or upside down?
these four boys have been giving us no rest, but that's what its all about right?!?! I guess I shouldn't say that. We get rest every night. That's right. Max has been sleeping through the night, every night, for a month. He even was teething, and I didn't know it because he slept so well. I always know something is up with my guys when they don't sleep well, but Max loves him some sleep!





The older boys are winding down their last month of wrestling. Three practices a week, 2 hours long since November, I cant say I'm not ready for a break, but soon we will be sitting along side the soccer field cheering them on. Noah is ending basketball this weekend and Joel is just getting started. We are busy!

I have been doing mouth exercises with ALex, and he has been babbling all over the place! Sounds he has never made before, and consistently. usually I will get a day or two of Da Da Da, and then it will go away for months. Now we have Da, Ba, and Ma, and its almost been over a week!!! This proves to me that just letting Alex's speech therapist do all the work isn't enough, I have to pick up, and quit slacking, and get this boys mouth into shape! Alex has also been taking steps in between me and his therapists, I wanted to get video of it, but thought I would wait until he got better, then the little bugger got ornery. Now when you say walk, he drops to his knees and laughs. Hes got a sense of humor, but now we aren't walking too much anymore. He can do it though, its coming! Trust me that video will come as soon as he is over his dropping joke!

Max is adorable, and got his first tooth this week, moved into size three diapers, and started to eat, or spit out his cereal. No more little baby, if he ever was little to begin with.

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Jessica, What kind of mouth excercise do you do? I am curious.. If you get a chance email me and let me know. Also that is great that Alex is taking steps .. Noah is still dropping to his knees when I tell him to walk. This milestone has been such a long uphill battle for us.. Good job Alex..

Molly said...

I'm jealous that Max is sleeping through the night!! Alex still is getting up once in the night. He eats and goes back to sleep, but then I have a hard time going back to sleep!! Of course I'm always sleeping good when the alarm goes off!! Glad everyone is doing so well!! Love the boys in their matching shirts. So cute!!

Jason & Vanessa said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the thing 1, 2, 3 and 4 shirts!

Vanessa

Michelle said...

what exercises do you do with Alex? Videotape it! The therapists have tried everything (or so they say) with Austin and he doesn't progress. =(

The VW's said...

Four boys definitely keep you busy! I can attest to that! Good thing Max is a good sleeper!

I love those pictures of Alex! I especially love the one of all 4 of them, where he has his hands up to his face! His humor shows right through! What a character!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Look at all those cute boys! :) I am glad everyone is doing well, and sleeping even. Awesome that Alex is making new sounds too!

ParkerMama said...

LOVE those shirts..and such cute boys wearing them. We are doing lots of different raspberries with Parker to strengthen his speech muscles.

Tarah said...

I'm also curious about what mouth exercises you are doing.

I love their shirts, you have handsome boys.

angie said...

Such cute boys:). I love all of the pictures! Awesome milestones for Alex:). He's doing GREAT!....and so are you!

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

i vote you show us the exercises:) you have such cute boys! love the pics!