Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Super MOM!!!

While I would love to let your compliments of being super mom from the last post fill my head, and let it balloon up with pride.
I cannot.
I'm not completely sure how you all thought my house was clean from the last post, I mean all you saw was the back wall of the dining room, but if you want we can pretend the house was clean:)
Its just that in a clean house the 4 month old room wouldn't look like this since he isn't even getting into stuff yet.................


And being a super mom, with a clean house her big boys would make their beds every morning before coming upstairs for breakfast.


And that same super mom, would have made her own bed....................


The playroom would never look like this..........................


we can pretend that making baby food is hard, and time consuming, and with four kids AMAZING! BUT, I promise it is soooooo easy!

What If I blogged about snapping at a boy for having to tell him to get his shoes on for the 8th time in 5 minutes, or at another for rolling his eyes at me.
Laundry would always be folded and put away.......................




Or what if I wrote about the time I threw the spoon, and bowl across the room when Alex threw everything up after a 45 minute feed for the third time that day and there was absolutely no light at the end of the "throwing up feeding tunnel", what would you say then?

Then there is the time I let one of my boys pee into my water jug because he had to go so bad, and we were in the middle of Saint Louis traffic with no bathroom in sight, then I proceeded to dump the pee out the window onto the street, cause I'm not driving around with 60oz of pee sloshing in my car.



I could tell you about the time I bumped little infant Noah's head into the wall cause I was trying to move ever so carefully around the house in complete dark.
Or when I kept giving Joel his penicillin because the hives didn't come until day 8, so I was sure it couldn't be that.
Or that time, or those times I didn't give Max a bath because the days all ran together so fast until his sweet stinky feet reminded me it might be time.
And a super mom would certainly not leave the spot on the wall that has been waiting for him since April 2009, empty..........................



I'm not super mom. Like you, I'm doing the best I can everyday, some days I do fabulous, some days, I should think of another profession, but like you when I get up in the morning I set out to be the best mom I can be.

Maybe that makes us all super moms!








12 comments:

The VW's said...

Thanks for the laugh! And, thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone! And, you are right, being a good Momma doesn't always mean that we do everything perfectly, it's just that we keep trying to do our best! HUGS!!!

Our Journey said...

love it!! thanks for that,makes me feel better LOL!! you are doing great, always a supermom in my book!

Molly said...

You still are a super mom!! I absolutely loved this post! When I got the end and saw you with your boys I teared up a little bit!! Being a Mom is wonderful and that picture at the end sums it up and could easily be a wordless wednesday picture!!!!

Alicia said...

Sometimes, just keeping our heads above water is enough to qualify us for "Super Mom" status. You may not be Super Mom herself, but you will always be A super mom in my book!

Groceries said...

Oh, but you ARE a Super Mom! =) You probably shouldn't let Noah wear any more Colts stuff, though.

Groceries said...

P.S. Your bed looks so fluffy and cozy! I don't know how you ever want to get out of it!

Sawyer said...

Your house is so cute! I wish you could come and decorate for me.

P.S. I still think you are a super mom :)

Finding Normal said...

Love this post! I'm glad I'm not the only one who strategically angles the camera when taking pictures to edit out the shtuff that's everywhere!

Kerri H said...

You are a super mom too..thanks for the reminder for all of us..it was exactly what I needed to hear today..I feel better! Bless you!

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

that looks like my house except mine is not as stylish! :) I also wanted to let you know that you have inspired me to start making jesus his food! :) i really enjoy reading your blog!

Brandi said...

Well Jess, no matter how you want to word it, "Super Mom" or "Just doing the best I can Mom", you still are amazing to me. You inspire, encourage, and help me to be a better mom to my two beautiful children.

You ARE doing an amazing job with your family. I know you are not perfect, your house is not perfect, and your boys do things that boys should be doing, but don't deny yourself the compliments and encouragement that you get from those that care about you. You go above and beyond for your boys. It's your gift! Accept it!

I love you!!!

Holli Davis said...

First of all, YOU ARE SUPERMOM.... I honestly don't know how in the world you do it...
Second of all... you have some gorgeous boys.
Third of all, I LOVE your house... its beautiful....
Lastly, I really needed this post... I need to know I don't have to be super mom.... just be a mommy to the ones that matter.... no matter what my house looks like.... my favorite is the empty pic frame that Max needs to be in... Haha, made me giggle... I have pictures of my boys beside the number they are.... needless to say, Isaac is 4, but the pic hasn't even been taken yet... I feel ya! :)