Thursday, January 14, 2010

Is he thirsty?

Alex has been up twice now, its 3:17 a.m. Is he thirsty? When my older boys get up in the middle of the night they want a drink. Do I really unzip his pj's hook in his tube, and give him water? I rubbed his back, and he went back to sleep the first time, it was sweet, I almost liked it. Did he have a bad dream? Unlikely, hes been up twice. Something hurt sweetie? Oh that's right, you cant tell me. Oh great! Sleep apnea, should I call the ENT for a sleep study? Are there many sleepless nights in our future? So much to do today, should I get started? I don't feel sleepy right now, but come 2:00 p.m. I could do laundry, it never stops. There he is again. Is he thirsty?

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Probably not thirsty...AnnaKate always wakes when she is getting ready to get sick...BUT Ia m sure Alex is not sick. I bet he just wanted to see his sweet mom!!

**Waking is not a sign of sleep apnea...

Kelly

Alicia said...

Frustrating beyond belief! Hugs and prayers for you and Alex today, Mama.

Sawyer said...

It's so frustrating not knowing what your child wants, I know how you feel.

Michelle said...

I had that problem with Austin as well. The docs do say that's the age when night terrors begin (2ish) so that's just what I figured it to be. It lasted quite a while (sorry!) but he grew out of it. It used to scare me something awful to wake up hearing him scream!