Sunday, January 3, 2010

Have I kept you waiting long enough?????

Had it been Alex's NICU records the stack would have been about 5 times as big, not insurance papers , and thank God its not bills!
Its over 200 signed pledges to never use the word retarded in a negative way!!! So to the 200+ students at Turner Jr. High, THANK YOU! Every time you correct yourself, or correct others language, you have Alex's back. You have your peers with special needs back, you have your sibling with special needs back! Thank you, you are changing the world! I went through every single pledge, and every letter, and it was the best gift I got this year. Knowing that each of you in each different direction of life that you will go, have my boys back, and will be changing the world, making it a better place for those differently abled people to live in.

Thank you for having this boys back!

These kids have been following Alex since they started studying genetics in my fathers science class, they weren't forced to sign these pledges, just given the opportunity. AWESOME!

18 comments:

Terri H-E said...

love it!

tomandcheryl said...

that brought such a smile to my face that THAT was what it was. I am so happy for you.
~Cheryl

Kristi Davis said...

That is awesome!

malette-foreveryoung said...

That is so neat
It gave me a good filling about the future

Jason & Vanessa said...

I can't believe I didn't guess that!

Jason & Vanessa said...

And that is really cool they did that!

Vanessa

Finding Normal said...

Crying and smiling all at once. AWESOME!

Kelly said...

Girl you got me crying now!! I love it!!!

Kelly

Alicia said...

That is incredible!! Thanks for sharing!

Following HIM said...

What an awesome gift to recieve! I am amazed at the maturity of the junior highers! WoW...just amazed!
~Elyse

The VW's said...

AWESOME!!!

I am thrilled that they are making this pledge and thrilled that Alex's life is making such a differnce!

YAY! Love and Hugs!!!

Groceries said...

That is SO awesome! I'm so glad that students are making this pledge! =)

Sharon Harrison said...

Add me to the stack...you have opened my eyes about the r-word. I have committed to not using it either!! I have been following your blog for a while...not sure how I found it but your family is precious. Alex is just such an amazing little boy. You seem like such a precious mama!! (that's better than a mom!!) Thanks for sharing your life. Alex is truly a "miracle" like your blog song says!!

Anonymous said...

This is from Mrs. Gibson's 3rd hour science class from Turner Jr. High. Thanks for putting our pledges on your blog. We will do our best!

Anonymous said...

This is from Mrs. Gibson's 4th hour science class at Turner Jr. High. We hope you had a Merry Christmas. We will keep our pledge to not use the R word. ♥ :)

Anonymous said...

This is from Mrs. Gibson's 7th hour class at Turner Jr. High. Hope you had a merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We will honor the pledge. Alex is awesome and so are you making the blog!

Anonymous said...

This is from Mrs. Gibson's 8th hour science class. Alex is adorable and amazing. We made a pledge not to say the "r" word in honor of Alex.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Alex is awesome
and so are you!!!

Alex has opened our eyes to help us realize life is a gift and we must live it to the fullest! ☺

We ♥ Alex - with all of our ♥'s

Anonymous said...

I was one of the students who signed that. and i love it when mr.hallock lets us read your blogs.:) they're very interesting, and makes our whole class think. best wishes to you, alex, and your family.[: