Monday, December 28, 2009

Hugs from Alex

So I know you are sitting on the edge of your seat wondering how my visit to the NICU went this year!!!!
While I didn't get to see any of Alex's old doctors or his primary nurses. I did see a few nurses that had Alex one or two times, but that isn't why I went.
I went to see the parents.
One mom in particular was sitting on the couch at her child's bedside, and she just looked hopeless. Maybe she had just been given horrible news, maybe she was just exhausted from the many nights she had been up. Maybe this wasn't what she had hoped for, prayed for, or dreamed of.
She looked hopeless, and I looked her in the eyes, and smiled.
I wanted to reach out and hug her, but I'm not allowed in the rooms, so we just made eye contact, and she knew I had been there, on the couch without any hope.
All 57 babies got an ornament, and thanks to you all 57 mamma's have a glimmer of hope!

4 comments:

The VW's said...

I bet Alex's hugs felt really good to all those Momma's and the patients! Great Job!!! Hugs to you too!

Groceries said...

That's so awesome!!!

Alicia said...

Thanks for doing that, Jessica. I am glad you were able to reach out to a Mama, even though you couldn't actually reach her. I'm sure she felt your love and understanding and that gave her some hope!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me be a part of the gift-giving. I love this tradition. Thanks for putting feet to God's love.

I love you,

Aunt Mary