Monday, December 21, 2009

Bump......repost....

Just in case you haven't noticed, I'm really trying to push you to give this Christmas, not gifts, but time. Not Christmas choir songs, but time, here is the big one, saying Ill be praying for you doesn't cut it either, you have to be there, you have to give time, that's what counts.....I don't post these blogs to get apologies, or for you to feel sorry for me.
This is my life, this is what happened, these are my feelings.
I know first hand how people are feeling this morning as they wake to another day of doctors rounds, chest x-rays, and tests. I post this because if you haven't been there you cant know what its like, and if you don't know what its like, you probably don't think about it much..................Think about it!
BUMP...Repost, click below....
http://newkindofnormal.blogspot.com/2008/11/no-more-excuses-be-there.html

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Jessica,

I understand what you are saying. I know how vitally important it is for parents who are facing what we went through to have people support them, in person. To know they are not alone. To have a hand to hold and a shoulder to cry on. There were several days when I was in the hospital with Marissa that I thought I did not want to see anyone. I was just so deep in my grief. But I know, deep in my heart, I would have been so blessed on those days, probably more than others, to have a friend's hand to hold.

People need to realize that being there for a person who is going through a tough time like a baby in a NICU doesn't necessarily mean they have to say much of anything. I think people get scared away from visiting because they just don't know what to say. They probably don't need to say anything at all. A warm hand to hold. A soft shoulder to cry on. Someone to sit and watch your precious while you grab a quick shower. Just a friendly presence in such a cold and unfriendly place.

I understand you, Jessica. I hear you. I have been there for people and will continue to do so as long as I am able. Thank you for saying what you said and doing what you do, friend. God bless you.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Oh, I wish we could do this! Unfortunately, our children's hospitals are both still in lockdown. No one but parents can visit!

It is so very lonely being in the hospital. Sometimes all you want is a ten minute shower or a fifteen minute walk to the cafeteria, without worrying that your little one is alone.

It's a great idea. I hope many can follow through!

The VW's said...

Thanks for spreading the word! It is such a lonely time while you are sitting with your child in the hospital.....especially during the holidays!

Our family is hopefully heading up to one of our local hospitals tomorrow to spread a little joy! Your post last year gave me the great idea of bringing goody bags to children and their families that are in the hospital during this time of year. It makes us feel so good knowing that we are able to help others, especially since we can relate to what they are going through!

You are a blessing Jessica! Hugs!!!