Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Hour!

Max is two weeks old. When Alex was two weeks old, I held him for the first time. THE FIRST TIME! It feels like Max has been with us forever, I cant believe I had to wait that long to hold Alex. He was still on a vent, but stable enough to be held. Some nights I will get a 3 hour stretch of sleep, and I'm good with that. Other nights I only get 30 minute stretches. Its hard to get out of bed, but once I pick up Max and see his little blue eyes, I remember how thankful I am that we are home, he is eating, breathing and sleeping in his own bed. There are no alarms, no nurses, no blood gas pokes, or middle of the night x-rays. We are all together, and this newborn time will go by so fast.

So in this house, even 3:00 a.m feedings are HAPPY HOUR












11 comments:

Jason and Vanessa said...

I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to have 3am feedings!

Vanessa

Michelle said...

awwww, such sweet pictures...I will pray you get some more sleep soon!!

Cathy said...

What is it that is so perfect about squishy little baby feet. Yummy!

Beckysblog said...

Love your outlook. That is awesome.
He's adorable. Well, they both are!

tomandcheryl said...

I have not commented on your blog in a while but oh my gosh seeing cut little max seriously makes me want another and we were satisfied with the status of "done" before I saw these pictures. He is so cute. I know with my second the newborn stage FLEW so I can't imagine what it's like with the forth. enjoy every single moment.
~Cheryl

Cindy said...

I'm so glad you have this time to cherish with him. It is incredible to compare the difference isn't it? Alex looks so proud of his little brother!

Tamara said...

He is so beautiful! This is the squishy stage and I just love it! So increadible to see them together!!!! So sweet girl, hope your feeling well!

Kelly said...

I am so glad that you have perspective. You sound so happy...you deserve it!!!

Kelly

Alicia said...

Love the little toesies!!!

What a blessing to be able to hold your newborn without tubes, wires, nurses and doctors. So glad you can appreciate that!

And, I must say, Alex looks like such a proud big brother!

Christine said...

look it those little toes! So precious! He's simply adorable. I'm so happy for you Jessica. I love all the pcitures. Miss you my friend.

Anonymous said...

It was so good to be able to hold sweet Alex and Max. You are so blessed. Say "Hi" to Alex from us. Sorry we were not able to spend more time with you. The girls were really bummed as well as me. We got home late last night. Seems like a dream that we were there. Kisses for Alex and his brothers. I love you! Aunt Mary and Family