Monday, August 3, 2009

Sorry.....

I know, I know, Ive been neglectful to the blog, but with good reason.

Alex is making leaps and bounds, and I haven't found the time, or at night I'm to tired to type????? Anyway, little man is eating like a champ, and has recently found an interest in holding the spoon. I keep a firm grip on it as well, or he will turn it upside down or stick it in his nose, but the fact that he is showing an interest in putting the spoon in his mouth is huge for him. He still wont pick food up off his tray and put it in his mouth. Instead he picks it up, and flings it to the floor. He will bring the spoon to his mouth, or if I have a yummy bite in my hands he will bring my hands to his mouth and take the bite. He has also been very vocal lately, no words, just sounds, but these are stages that have come and gone for him, and its always nice when he lets us hear his adorable voice. Then there is that kissable face.......................

Our lazy summer days will be over soon with the start of school. Noah will be starting second grade, and Joel kindergarten! I still cant believe that my Joely will be going to school all day. He is ready though, it is bitter sweet.
I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and still in denial. Or I just haven't given it much thought that there will be another baby here soon. I have however thought about living in the NICU again, or will this baby actually suck, swallow, and breath. These are big things people, things most people don't give much thought. The baby room is slowly coming together, and NO I haven't opened the envelope!


9 comments:

Terri H-E said...

Seeing those downturned eyes, the nearly sacramental acceptance of a spoon brings back vivid memories. I forget how young your kids are, the oldest going into 2nd.

Though we await every update, pauses for change are so exciting.

You have not opened the envelope, but what does the little envelope in your thoughts say? Boy or girl? I'm not asking for poll results here - what is your hunch?

Alicia said...

No need to apologize. I love that you have too busy with good things to update. HOORAY!!

God bless.

Staci said...

You are a stronger woman than I am! We are going this afternoon for our 20 week ultrasound and, if the peanut cooperates, will be finding out the sex. I thought briefly about waiting to find out but that thought flew out the window quickly :)

Our Journey said...

Open the envelope!! I dont know how you do it!!!!!! I wouldnt have lasted an hour!

Congrats on the huge steps Alex, you are getting to be such a big boy!! TOO CUTE!!

Brandi said...

Yahoo Alex! Your feeding skills are coming along great. You look like a big two year old (well, almost two) now! Keep working hard!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Look at him eating, holding the spoon, and that SMILE! I just love seeing his pictures. :)

Kristi said...

I can't believe he is going to be 2. I remember when you wrote that poem about crash landed and on the bottom it said Alex 4 months RTS. I still have that poem saved by the way...

Christine said...

WOW, Alex you brought me to tears. What an absolutely wonderful gift you have given your momma! She has worked hard to get you to this point and it certainly has paid off. I'm so emotional over this, I'm so happy and am hopeful Nathan will follow your lead soon.
Love you Alex, love you Jessica.
You make me crazy... that envelope.. I hate envelopes now. how he heck do you do it? Aren't you even the littlest bit curious?

Kelly said...

Interesting that you said Alex being vocal comes and goes. Max is the same way. He has been quite lately. Way to go with the eating Alex! Kelly F