Thursday, August 27, 2009

Look Mom NO TUBES!

All zipped up, no tape on pj's, and best of all no tube!! Our first night went great, Alex actually woke up around 4 in the morning and played with a crib toy, which he has done before, but this time we didn't have to worry about him getting all tangled up in his tubing. He tolerated another day of peptamin and water boluses too! Joey is in the closet where he belongs.
I also talked to the cardiologist nurse today, and when the doctor told her that he wanted to get a PDA closer around Christmas time, she looked at him like he could do better! So she is going to double check with the doctor and see if late spring or early summer will work, if so we have to come in for a check up to make sure his heart is still healthy, and then we can wait for a more appropriate time for our family. So thank you Donna for being my advocate, I needed some help!

8 comments:

Brandi said...

Sweet Jessica! I love the pic of Alex clapping his hands, celebrating his nighttime freedom!

Glad to hear about the cardiology stuff. Sometimes it takes another female to knock some sense into a crazy surgeon.

Week 38, are you kidding? That's when I delivered both of my sweet children. You are amazing!

Jacqui said...

Jessica - that is such a milestone for Alex. What new found freedom to him and you, I can feel the relief in your writing. Well done for being such a faithful and committed mother to Alex, and for enduring such things. Yay for you all. May you have more good nights sleep (well until number 4 comes :) )

Groceries said...

Awesome! I'm glad you had a nurse who is willing to stand up for you and your family! =) Great to see Alex without Joey, too! I just love his pictures!

Cindy said...

Very very cool! I know he loves not being tied down any more, and you do too!

Staci said...

Yeah Alex!!! Yeah Nurse Donna :)

Kristi said...

That is an amazing milestone for him. I am so happy for you both. hugs to you all.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

What a great cardiology update! You must be relieved to be allowed to wait a bit longer before scheduling surgery.

I love the pictures, Alex clapping is adorable!

Dorsey said...

Good News! Good News! Good News!

The only way to top that is pictures of a new baby girl on your blog!