Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A little too familiar

Two years ago this was Noah standing in front of school on his first day of kindergarten, two years ago I was pregnant with Alex, just a few weeks left. Doctors telling me everything was fine, and me hopefully believing them.



Now Joel is standing in front of the same school, going into the same class, and I'm about to have a baby, and there are just a few weeks left. Of course the doctors are telling me everything is fine, and there is good reason to believe them. I try not to think of all the complications that can come with the delivery of a baby or a c-section. I remember that warm, sunny Friday so well, when everything went so wrong. Here we are again, same time of year, its all a bit to familiar.

8 comments:

Sherry C said...

Your boys look great ... try not to be too worried. I was a wreck myself that last few weeks of my pregnancy with #4. Pretty soon you will be holding your new little one in your arms it's going to be so wonderful.

Kenzie said...

Love the pics of the boys! I know your heart must be gripped right now as we all can go back to those places so easily. Praying for God to keep your mind focused on His Word and HIS promises... not of the world, just in it! Love you and praying for that newest little one's safe arrival.
Philippians 4:8
Kenz

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

PRAYING STILL

Our Journey said...

they are so handsome!!

i cant imagine going through another pregnancy, you are almost there though!! praying that everything goes well, chances are they will!!! just think how easy this child will be, lol- you will want more!!! you are prepared for ANYTHING! cant wait to see if its a girl!!!!!!!

The VW's said...

Your boys are adorable! Cute pictures!

Praying that this all too familiar time brings only peace and happiness for your family! Can't wait to "meet" your soon-to-be little one!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Jessica, it must be hard to try and relax and be calm. I can only imagine the terror in your heart as you think about what "could" be. There are many, many people praying for a perfectly healthy, go-home-the-next-day-or-so baby!

Your big boys are so grown-up looking in those school pictures!

Kristi said...

I was just in that place not too long ago. Keep praying Jessica. I know everything will be ok. Thinking of you and understanding what you are feeling right now.

Alicia said...

I am praying for you friend.