Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Leaps and Bounds............

Remember when Alex discovered the piano in Colorado??? Well, after unsuccessfully getting a real piano my mom saved the day and decided to get Alex this piano for his birthday, yes it is early, but we couldn't wait! I'm quite sure he is the most adorable pianist I have ever set my eyes on. What a personality he is developing!!!


Alex is making leaps and bounds. I can tell that he is understanding his environment much more, and even making attempts at communication. No words, no signs, but he is trying to communicate. After being held constantly for over a week after his surgery, the little prince loves to sit with me, and being in my condition, I love to sit. He will spot me from across the room, and come over to me. I will say "what do you want?", and he will make the cutest little grunt noise, and then I say "do you want up?" and then he laughs, and grunts even louder. Why am I happy that my almost two year old is grunting you ask?
He is trying in the best way he knows how to let me know that he wants up, and I am thrilled. I'm not so sure I'm thrilled that he suddenly has become clingy to me right before I have his little baby, but its sweet just the same.


9 comments:

Cindy said...

That's great, Jessica, that he's aware and communicating! The next time he does something like that, I suggest saying, "Yes, Momma, I want up" and sign "yes", so you model the verbal and sign you want him to learn. IMHO, when he's excited about communicating is the best time to get him to branch out into another form of communication.

Following HIM said...

YAHOO Alex :) He looks so handsome on the piano stool! Glad he likes to sit and snuggle too :)
~Elyse

Kelly said...

What a duet our little pianists would play!!

Alex is taking it all in right now and will be signing before you know it and then of course, talking!!

Kelly

Kristi said...

Yes he looks so sweet at that piano.. good job Alex.

Alicia said...

The piano is great!! I love that he is communicating with you. What an awesome thing!

The VW's said...

What an adorable little piano! It reminds me of the piano from the Peanuts comic! Alex looks so cute playing it! I bet you'll have a great little musician someday! Keep showing everyone all that you can do Alex!

Terri H-E said...

Way to go, maestro! Tell your mama - she wants to hear it.

*HoLLi jO* said...

He looks like a natural! :) Enjoy those cuddles... they won't be there forever! :)

Brandi said...

Alex inspires me! I can't wait until Nathan can sit on a bench and play the piano too. I have been wanting on of those pianos since I saw Anna Kate's