Thursday, August 6, 2009

In

Finally! He can do it. I knew for quite a while now that he got it, he understood what we wanted him to do, but couldnt quite get his hands to do what we were asking. But now, finally he can put things in. He used to throw it to the side, much like he would do with his flash cards, but now he will put it in!!!!! We are so excited, sometimes he even laughs when he does it. Oh how I thrive on these steps, to some they are so small, but for us they HUGE! So I tried to get a picture of him actually putting his shapes in, but he must smile at the camera, so Ill have to get a picture of him when someone else is here so I can distract him, and he can focus on putting in, cause we all know he CAN!





9 comments:

Brandi said...

What a smarty pants you are Alex! Can't wait to hear about your next trick!

Alicia said...

AWESOME!!! What a big boy!

Funny story: When Marissa was about 15 months old, we had her IFSP. The therapists were talking about how she could not put things in yet. I left her at the coffee table with her toys to see the therapists to the door. She had her speaking valve on when I left and she was playing with a shape sorter toy. I came back and could not find her speaking valve and looked all over for it for a few minutes. I thought about it and looked in the shape sorter bucket. Lo and behold, there it was. She must have heard her therapists talking about how she couldn't do it, so she thought "I'll show you! There, I put it IN!!! Ha!" :)

Way to go Alex, I am so proud of you!!

*HoLLi jO* said...

YAYYYYYY! :) Each step is amazing for your little guy! :) By the way, I love the shirt, my son has one... he has a blue blankie he carries everywhere, we have always called him little Linous. Does Alex like a blue blankie also? Or did you just like the shirt! Again YAYYYYY for progress!! :)

The VW's said...

WOO HOO! I LOVE progress! Great job Alex!!! I love his shirt! I almost got one for Gavin too, but didn't. Alex is so cute!

connie said...

Aww, you taught him too well about the smiling-for-the-camera stuff, and now he just has to do it! Not that I mind a bit; he has such a great smile. If I need something to make ME smile, all I have to do is come here and look at the pictures.

He is getting so BIG. Just in time to be a new big brother. :)

Are all your boys getting so big so fast? Might be (hint, hint) time for a group shot??

Or do you just want to wait till they can all be fighting over who gets to hold their little sister?? :)

connie said...

Ooops! Was that last part a secret???

Cindy said...

You do have him trained to smile very well! I love how his personality shows through...he definitely knows he's the center of attention.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

That is a HUGE accomplishment! My little Peanut has worked on that as a goal for years now. GO ALEX!!

Skinners said...

WOW!! Way to go Alex!! GOD is so good!!

Love ya, Cindy