Monday, August 17, 2009

Chocolate pudding, blurry bowling pictures, and more eating talk.

Last week in OT Alex got to play in chocolate pudding, he has a lot of sensory stuff going on, but doesn't seem to mind his hands being a mushy mess. He does love to bang hard things on his teeth, and he doesn't really like to sit in grass, but chocolate pudding, he likes.
Noah really wanted to go bowling on his birthday so we made a night of it, I didnt want to carry my big camera around, but my phone took horrible pictures of our night out. We had a lot of fun! We ate the fried food, and bowled two games. Even Alex enjoyed himself. When I got home I was in a lot of pain, bowling at 36 weeks hurts.










Tomorrow is a big day here......Joel will start kindergarten, and Noah second grade. Alex continues to eat like a big boy, and I just know he will have gained weight again, and I'm hoping for another cut in the peptamin jr! Is that asking too much? Our feeds only last 10 minutes now!!!! No more 45 minutes three times a day!!!! I love it! Feeding issues are at the top of the list as the harder things to deal with when talking special needs. Be it digestive, or not eating at all. I'm happy to say we are leaving many of our issues behind us. He still has reflux, but he isn't throwing up, he still has a feeding tube, but he is eating so much by mouth. Yes, I consider this leaving our issues behind us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am rejoicing with you. Oh, what a long way sweet Alex has come. This is such a great answer to prayer. Keep plugging away, Alex. I love you!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

He is doing so incredible! Feeding issues are one of the hardest to deal with. It is beyond mobility issues, speech issues. It really affects me emotionally to deal with!

Michelle said...

Funny that you mentioned that he doesn't like grass. Austin would cry hysetrically when he touched grass. He didn't mind his hands touching it (at least not to the point of tears)but his legs drove him batty. He finally started tolerating it a year or so ago! He still won't lay on the grass or go barefoot on grass but we're getting there!

Kelly said...

Bowling?!?

Can Alex come to our house to show Max how to eat. Over the last week, Max ate about a handful total of food. . . his handful. Don't know what the deal is. Kelly F