Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Appointments

Today we are in Saint Louis for post op (urology), ENT, and cardiology. I'm hoping urology and ENT say see you in a year. I'm not sure what to hope from cardiology. Alex still has a PDA, and no one has ever been worried about it, I haven't heard of anyone else not having the PDA closed, (anyone else walking around with a PDA out there???) this isn't the best time for heart surgery. I know that his PDA is very small, and is causing no problems for his heart. This appointment is at 3:30, the last one of the day. I don't want Alex to have a hole in his heart, but I'm also exactly 2 weeks from my due date today..............
I will update when we get home.

6 comments:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I hope that all the appointments go smoothly with nothing surprising! I hope that cardiology also says come back in a year. :)

Brandi said...

No time is a good time for surgery, your right, especially now. I'm crossing my fingers for closure today!

I'll text you from while we are at all of our appts. today too. SLP, Nutritionist, Developmental Pediatrician.

Anonymous said...

My husband, who is 57 years old has a PDA and he is perfectly fine having lived with it all of his life! There's hope.

The VW's said...

I hope that your appointments go great and that you receive great news too!

Alicia said...

I had a co-worker who was 23 at the time who said she had a PDA that she never had surgery on. She said she saw her cardiologist about every two years. She lives a normal life, even played sports in high school. So, I guess it can be something one can live with, if it is not severe.

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

praying for you