Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Surgery day

These before shots make me sad. He was so sweet that morning, so smiley. Here he was just waiting to be taken back. Look at those legs peeking out of that gown......................











Adams morning drink, in honor of Alex's big day...................





This is how our time at home was spent on Monday. He was hysterical, wanted to sleep, but the codeine made him jittery and upset his stomach. He was in so much pain. The doctor said his boy parts looked like someone had hit them with a hammer.................


If it hadnt been for the feeding tube, we would not be at home. Today, I love the g-tube.

all these were taken with my phone.......
Day two still to come.




11 comments:

Loveday's Day said...

Poor baby. Poor Moma. It makes me want to cry, just thinking of him and you. When our children hurt, we hurt.

Alicia said...

What a sweetie. The last pic breaks my heart.

The picture of Adam's morning drink made me seriously laugh out loud. My husband too. HILARIOUS!!! :)

Myssie said...

Poor little Alex. Poor Jessica. Adam's drink...priceless! Omg! I laughed so hard I snorted!! Not joking!

connie said...

I am so in love with g-tubes. All of us in our family, at one time or another, have said we wish WE had one. I made the mistake of saying I loved Mal's g-tube once when interacting on the blenderized diet group I joined, though, and some people went all over me, about how they did NOT love the g-tube for their kids, etc. Oops, felt a little stupid. So I loved reading that you feel the same. It's one less struggle, and has kept us out of hospitals, and allowed me to be all hippy-mommy by sneaking in the sorts of foods there is no WAY Mal would let touch her lips. :) And in Mal's case, it has kept her healthy and heck, .... alive! I could kiss whoever created Mickeys ... Mini Ones ... Bards. All of them!

I hope tonight is filled with lots of good sleep in the Pruitt home. Love you.

connie said...

I just caught a glimpse of that Clustr Map on your page. Half the world is covered in red, Jessica!! Alex has bought out a lot of love, huh??

Kelly said...

Sp glad you are home and not in the hospital. Tomorrow is going to be a good day!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I want to cry with him. How hard it had to be for all of you. I pray tonight is better and that there will great improvement each day. My love to you.

Aunt Mary

Christine said...

Hugs to Alex and Moma. That little boy has been through so much and so has his parents. Thinking of you. Hope tomorrow is better. Love you!

The VW's said...

Poor little man! Praying today is pain free! HUGS!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Oh poor Alex. I hope that he is feeling better today.

As a sidenote, I literally laughed out loud when I saw the drink can!

Kristi said...

Hope the little guy is feeling a lot better. Thinking of u both.