Thursday, July 16, 2009

Steps in the right direction!

Alex has started to roll the ball back to us! Before he would hang onto it, mouth it, and hug it. Now he knows how fun it is to roll it back and forth! A step in the right direction!



Yesterday morning while his speech therapist, and nutritionist were here. He had grown so well, gaining a few ounces, and has hit the 32 inch mark in height!! I told them how well he has been eating by mouth, new textures, and the amount has increased greatly. I have been instructed to keep a 2 day log of the food he eats, and the next time we meet, if he has grown well, and is still eating well, we are going to cut back on his tube feedings!!!!!! THIS IS A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!! I don't know how much, maybe 10cc, maybe and ounce at a time. I don't care, this is the first step we are making in letting go of the tube! Don't be fooled, we have a long way to go, but its a step, and a step worth celebrating!!!!!
p.s
Still havent opened the envelope, I just dont think I will. Only 8 more weeks!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Steps are small but yet HUGE!!!

Albie is 32 inches...he is catching up on AK at 33.....hmmm...thought they were twins....

Kelly

The VW's said...

How fun! Great job Alex!

A future without a tube...that would be wonderful! I'll be praying that this becomes reality for you.

I can't believe that you haven't opened the envelope! I could not wait that long! 8 more weeks?! Crazy how fast time flies!

Molly said...

It seems like everyday Alex is taking bigger and bigger strides in the right direction!! So proud of him!!! And proud of you for not opening that envelope!!! Can't wait to find out though!!

Also, you should take Alex to the White Hall parade. I bet he would love all the tractors, horses, and bands!!

Alicia said...

I love reading about all the Alex Milestones!! It makes my day! Way to go Alex!!!

As far as the envelope, you've waited this long, why open it now? Stay strong sister!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Alex. He has worked so hard and so have you. Keep up the good work and these little steps will lead to a great big step.

That envelope would too tempting for me to resist. You are much stronger than I.

Love You, Aunt Mary

Tarah said...

Way to go Alex we are so proud. It looks like he is having a lot of fun with the ball. I love his little shorts.

*HoLLi jO* said...

Even tiny steps are very big! He looks so happy throwing the ball... glad he is able to start that. Glad he is growing, and eating well... tiny steps, tiny steps.... lead to great things!!