Monday, July 27, 2009

One week out

I don't ever want to do this again. So what if Alex still has a PDA, so what if his thumbs are angulated, so what if he may need his tonsils and adenoids out when he is older. I don't ever want to have another surgery again..................(SIGH) The bruising and swelling was very bad on Wednesday and Thursday, not to mention the circumcision area, it looked like ground beef. The bruising went from dark purple, to yellow and green, to just a little swollen on Sunday. The circ area looks much better as well. A circumcision in a newborn is WAY different than a circ in an older child. There are more blood vessels, and it just doesn't look as simple as it does in a newborn.
On Friday Alex began to crawl around in a brave attempt to explore his world again, but he couldn't sit or stand, so he would cry from the pain, and plain frustration of not being able to play. Saturday was a lot of the same, he would be on the floor for a few minutes then just cry, so we would return to our recliner, and rock. Most of our weekend was spent there. Sunday Alex did a lot more crawling, and would stand up, but then start crying, but at least he was able to stand. So each day brings a bit of improvement, but its very slow going. The nurse told me most kids are back to normal within a few days, as we all know Alex isn't most kids, he takes his time, and will sit and stand when he is good and ready. We took him off of Motrin completely, and only give him Tylenol at night because he was throwing up on a daily basis. I couldn't think of any other reason, but being on a constant Motrin Tylenol routine for his tummy to be so upset. Sunday was the first day we had no throw up. I can only guess I was right.
These pictures show how Alex will play with his toys, he wont sit, but doesnt always want to lay on his back so he tripods.
Maybe today we will sit????
So sorry I have been absent, especially from the blogs I frequent. I hardly have time to go to the bathroom, shower, or eat, so I just havent been able to sit at the computer. I cant wait to catch up with all of you!

15 comments:

Finding Normal said...

For some reason, that is so not what I pictured when you wrote tripods. Hilarious!
Hope he feels better each day!

Dorsey said...

What an origanal idea (the tripod) that's what I call thinking outside the box. LOL
I was worried about Alex when you didn't post for a coupole days. Sorry to hear it's so slow going, but at least he's moving in the right direction.

The VW's said...

Poor little man!!! Praying he continues to improve...quickly! HUGS!

Holly said...

Oh, the poor thing. I hope he continues to improve--and fast!

Kelly said...

I am so sorry that this has been so bad. I can only hope that the worst is behind you. If Alex does have to have other surgeries, at least he will be older and I will come and stay with you!

Kelly

Kristi said...

Poor Baby. It does seem like he is taking a while to recover.Better days ahead. Hugs. How is ma ma feeling so close to her due date?

Brandi said...

Oh Bird, you are so creative. If something doesn't work, you find creative ways to do what you want any way. I'm sorry your owies have not gone away yet. Give your mama lots of hugs today!

connie said...

The tripod position is a riot! He has such determination. I'm glad he is doing better, slowly but surely. I laughed out loud, for some reason, about motrin.

Molly said...

As much as I love reading your blog you have too many people to be taking care of. Of course there is Alex, but don't forget Mommy and that new baby too!!! You truly are an inspirational woman!!!

Cindy said...

Whew! I'm so glad he's on the mend, and that you're getting a break from the constant holding. That's the hardest part of being pregnant with a young special needs child...all the holding, and now he has needed so much more because of the surgery! Go Jessica!

Following Him said...

Poor baby! Hope he is back to normal soon and will not be in much pain today!
~Elyse

Alicia said...

Sorry Alex's recovery is so slow, but I had to smile seeing those pictures!! What a sweetie!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I am sorry he is having such a rough recovery! Poor guy. I hope that he feels better and isn't throwing up today.

He is very ingeneous, the tripod position is adorable!

Kelly said...

Week two is going to be much better. . . it can't get any worse! Poor guy! Love the standing on head. Max use to do that all the time too! Kelly F

Julie said...

Those pictures are precious! What a clever little problem solver.