Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day two (recovery begins)

After waking up two times to vomit Monday night, Alex woke up, and was more playful than I thought. He would play with whatever toy was near him, made two attempts to crawl, but was unable to stand up or squat down without screaming, and needing help. When I would lay him down for a diaper change, he would just lay there when I was done. Not even trying to get up on his own. Poor baby. I got a few smiles, and even the classic tripod position ( I think he was trying to look and see what happened to him in his diaper area), but I can tell we have a long way to go. Hopefully the 4 hour nap he took on Tuesday was his first attempt at really recovering.

I also got a game of peek a boo out of him.....I know my Alex is in there!

12 comments:

Tamara said...

Bless his little heart. Praying for a speedy recovery! Thinking of you friend.

Karen said...

I'm so glad your little Alex is starting to recover. Still here praying for your family.
Love, from Wisconsin

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Aw, I'm glad to hear you got a little game out of him. I hope he continues to heal quickly.

Hannah said...

Awww...sweet boy.

I hope his recovery is smooth and quick!

Following Him said...

Praying for a SPEEDY recovery! Hope he is back to his normal and happy self soon!
~Elyse

Kelly said...

I expect my fighter to fight to the finish and be as good as new soon!

Kelly

Tena said...

Just trying to get caught up Jessica. I am praying for faster than believeable healing for him. ((hugs))

Susie said...

Oh, poor Bird! Hope he starts feeling better soon! Hugs for that handsome little boy! Alex - we can't wait to see your smiley face again!

Myssie said...

Bless his little heart! I hope it is all down hill from here!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that little boy so much. Hang on brave little Alex. You are such a sweetie.

Love,

Aunt Mary

connie said...

So glad he's doing better and not vomiting. Come clean. Did you break out the "forbidden med?" I didn't miss the threat. :)

I love that little one's personality. Peek-a-boo is so cute.

Brandi said...

Oh Bird, I'm sorry for all of your ouchies. I know they are going to feel better soon and you will be back to crawling up those stairs while your mommy chases after you!