Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 3 (the worst day yet)

So Tuesday wasnt so bad, Alex was in pain, but had many more moments of happiness than he did yesterday.
I could hardly put him down, so if I needed to get something to help him, or feed him, or change his diaper it was with one hand. Right now hip holding is a BIG no no, so one handed tasks are hard, especially while I have all this extra in my belly. This is hard to do alone. In fact I hate it. Yesterday Alex wouldn't even sit on his bottom, I did actually manage to get him to crawl, but getting into the position and out of the position made him scream. He threw up after his first feed for reasons unknown to me, he was in so much pain that I just had to sit there with him, he and I both sitting in vomit, vomit on the floor. It was the worst day yet.
Today wont be much better. We have to drive to St. Louis (1 hour 45 min one way), just to have the bandages taken off. Most of the time circumcision care means changing gauze, and lots of antibiotic cream, but our Dr. Pee puts on a special bandage that I do not mess with, and will be taken off tomorrow. They said to give him Tylenol with codeine 30 minutes out, so I'm expecting a horrific appt. Not to mention the 1 hour 45 min drive back home.
We are then supposed to go back on Aug 14 for post op, August 25 for ENT and cardiology, and oh yeah, I'm pregnant.

11 comments:

Hailey said...

Praying in NC!

The VW's said...

I'm sorry that this is so rough for you and Alex! My heart breaks thinking about him being in pain! I pray that it gets better very soon and that the appointment goes well! HUGS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Bird. Poor Mom.

Tamara said...

Awww, Jess I am so sorry you are having to endure this right now. It all seems to hit at once. Poor little Alex, I don't like that he is in this much pain... I will pray that todays appointment is not too hard and that your drive will be somewhat peaceful. Thinking of ya!

Brandi said...

Go away darn pain!

Alicia said...

I am so sorry it is so bad for your little Bird, and for you too. Hang in there Mama, it will get better. I am constantly praying for you guys.

Following Him said...

Poor Bird and POOR mama! Hang in there sweet friend!
~Elyse

Cindy said...

So sorry to hear it's been rough. I know it will get better, but it's hard to see that when you're going through it. At least you don't have a newborn too...good thing you scheduled this surgery now!

Kristi said...

I know it must be rough being so pregnant and both you and Alex having to deal with this. I wish I could be there to help you..Hugs.

Kelly said...

This was not the title of a post I was hoping for! I feel so helpless not being there to help out! Thinking of you! Kelly

Christine said...

Ahhh, poor bird! So sorry to hear all this is happening. My heart aches for you, it's such helpless feeling to not be able to make it all better right away. hoping all the pain goes away quickly. Thinking of you guys. Hugs