Thursday, June 18, 2009

All better........I hope.

Sorry for my absence, I have been mentally recovering from the stress of the past week. Alex was so grumpy last week, would try and play, but just cry and fuss instead. I didn't know what was wrong, no fever, no outward signs of anything, accept a tiny bit of a stuffy nose. Which the nutritionist thought was from milk allergy.

So everyday he was fussy, crying himself to sleep, crying at meals, crying all the time. Then when he woke up in a pile of bile I knew he needed to be seen. I was thinking GI, but it seems the doctor was right and it was a sinus infection. The medication seems to be doing the trick, and he is much happier.

I leave for a very exciting trip to Florida in a week, to just be with, share with, laugh with, talk with, other mommy's of RTS sweeties that I have bonded with since Alex was born. I cant wait, but Alex must be healthy for me not to worry, and to be able to fully enjoy this trip that was a year in the making!

Dont you think he seems to be feeling better????????????????





11 comments:

The VW's said...

Glad to hear that he is starting to feel better! Have fun in Florida!!

Cathy said...

I think he looks great. Praying that you get to go get some Jessica time and be with others who share your journey. Please don't worry and just take care of you.

Alicia said...

So glad he is feeling better. I was pretty worried for Alex when Myssie jumped on your blog to update!

So good to hear that you will be able to get together with other RTS families for some fun and camaraderie. It is so important to be able to do that, isn't it?

Have a great time and don't stress and worry too much!

Terri H-E said...

I dunno, Jessica, he looks a little yellowish to me. wink. Have a blast, plan next year's, take pics, make us envious and therefore motivated to arrange to be a the next one!

trista said...

Glad all is better! And I'm sure Ben would gladly talk to the little one in your belly...maybe a belly rub from him would do the trick! I just hope my blog didn't jinx our sleep... :)

Brandi said...

It looks like he's doing a blowfish face in the bottom picture!

I am so happy to hear he is doing better. It makes my heart feel better knowing things are looking up for both of you.

Hugs to you friend!

Molly said...

I hope Alex continues to feel better, and you get to go on your trip. I truly can't think of anyone more deserving of some R & R than you Jessica!!

Tarah said...

I love that last picture, it is priceless! So glad to hear he is feeling better.

Jenn said...

He's looking good to me! Thank you, again, for sharing your sweet boy with us. There's just something about that face that melts me every time. And something about your honesty and love for him that refreshes me.

Kelly said...

Glad Alex is feeling better! I hope he is feeling great before the trip! You need to get away and relax! See ya Thursday! Kelly F

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear about the sickness...I was at the beach for a week and took a break from the computer. Glad things are on the mend...can't wait until Thursday!!

Kelly W.