Tuesday, May 19, 2009

waiting (updated)


Waiting to hear from urology. The good news is that the e coli in his urine only grew to a count of 20,000, most infections are over 100,000, so this is a mild infection. I am waiting to hear from urology. To be safe I would like to have a VCUG, before July, so if in fact he does have reflux it can be fixed when he has his testes brought down, and before the new addition arrives. (I just heard from urology, and the doctor doesn't even consider this an infection, there were no red blood cells, and something else, but I was so happy to hear no infection I didn't retain a lot of what she said. What I do remember is that she said the doctor is not concerned about needing to do another VCUG right now, if this happens again, I will request one.)

While waiting for this phone call this morning, Alex was taking his morning bath his prevacid wouldn't go down his tube (this is when I give him his morning meds) I tried pushing it through with the syringe, and it was like concrete, while this was going on Alex poops in the tub, trying to avoid UTI's I don't recommend sitting in a bath full of poop water. While that is going on, the tv guy shows up, and seconds later the phone rings. I didn't have a full blown panic attack because it was urology with the good news.

I have no creativity coming out of me, something about 3 kids on medicine twice a day. And for some reason I have hives on my arms, and my cheeks are red and itchy to boot. Yes, I should go to the doctor, but I'm tired of doctors and appointments and tests, so I wait, and see what happens.
p.s
my little pregnancy update over there on the side says the baby weighs 1.2 pounds, but at my ultrasound two weeks ago the baby already weighed 1.4 pounds.....I think this baby might be big.

5 comments:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

That definately sounds like good news! I hate poop in the tub. We call them "tub subs" LOL!

Brandi said...

Eeewww! Poop in the tub! Hopefully it was solid and not runny :)

Your baby is going to be the perfect size, big or little. I kind of like them on the chubby side myself. But then again, I have only had c sections so I don't have much room to talk.

Alicia said...

Hooray for no true UTI!!! That is such good news! I am praying everyone gets back to feeling better in your house real soon!

Big baby = more to love! :)

Tamara said...

ok all too funny! I am glad you got good news and hopefully tonight you can look back and laugh!

Whoa, well, maybe you can deliver early? :O)

WIll e-mail ya soon on arrival details.. YEAH!!!!

Kelly said...

So glad that the infection was mild...I guess that is why there was not a fever.
Your tub story was a little more than I could handle...I would have screamed for Calgon!!!

Kelly W.