Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Two appointments down hundreds more to go.....

So after our one hour forty-five minute drive we arrived for our NICU follow up appt. First Alex had to go to the psychology department to be evaluated, I really didn't want us all to have to sit through this. Alex is evaluated everywhere, I certainly didn't need him evaluated again, and it was nap time, how well was it going to go? It didn't go to well, Alex was in a new environment, was being fed, and cared so much more about the lights above him, and throwing anything the doctor gave him. He scored much lower than his IEP evaluation, but I know what he can do, and didn't need this third evaluation in 3 months to tell me where we were at. Why must everyone evaluate him???
Then it was onto our eye appt. Here is Alex waiting for his name to be called. He was looking at the helicopter pad he landed on when he was two days old. the eye exam was quick, and we decided to wait and dilate his eyes, check his pressure, and vision when he was sedated for his up coming surgery. This was to be July 20, but the date will change hopefully sooner than later. This way Doctor eyes, and Doctor urology can work together, and Alex only has to be sedated once.
Of course we left the hospital at 4:50, just in time for rush hour traffic.
Our drive home took two hours, if you were following me on twitter you already know that I let Joel pee into my water bottle, because he had to go so bad, and we were sitting in the middle of Saint Louis traffic, and I had to play a grab your toes game with Alex to keep him happy the last 20 minutes, but its over. Two appointments down hundreds to go.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, girl, it's so exhausting making those long trips and doctor appointments. I can't imagine how it is adding on pregnancy. Hopefully you get some much needed rest tonight.

The VW's said...

Appointments are such a pain, especially when you have to travel for them! Sounds like a long day! Hope you slept well!

Anonymous said...

My daughter suffered an hypoxic injury in 2006, She has a carepage. Her page is hannahduggan. We are having a conference in Atlanta in June and I wanted to let you know if you are able to attend. My email is donnaduggan@comcast.net.....if you send me your email I will send you some info. Also, please let other know about this. Thanks so much! Donna