Friday, May 15, 2009

Bad day

This morning Noah and Joel both tested positive for strep, when we came home from that my husband said that Alex's diaper smelled really bad, in fact his entire room smelled of strong urine. And the boy isn't dehydrated because he gets water all night long. Sure enough I went to throw away some trash, and the smell of the diaper punched me in the face. It was sooooo strong. So back to the doctor we went. After waiting an hour in the small room with 3 sick boys Alex had a strep test just because its in our house, and his was negative Then they the put a bag on him and he went pee, and right now it looks like he might have a UTI. We wont know for sure until the final results come in, because right now the white blood cells in the urine could have been from his skin, since the urine sample wasn't taken by catheter. My request, I couldn't bare to have him cathed, if there was another way, but I guess any other way isn't as definite as a cath sample.
So we have started him on medicine, and we wait for the final results. I hope this has nothing to do with kidney reflux. You may remember back in September his VCUG showed no more signs of reflux, so hopefully this is a random infection, and wont become chronic.
So we spent a total of 3 hours at the doctor today, I'm done....I have no cute pictures because it wasn't a cute picture day.
Joel did lose his first tooth today, I better go capture that before the day is done.

15 comments:

Following Him said...

OOH NOOO...Hope all three boys feel better soon and they sleep well tonight!
~Elyse

Alicia said...

So sorry Jessica. Watching Marissa get cathed is horrible, I can't imagine it for a little boy! I'll be praying if he does have a UTI, it is random and not a sign of reflux returning.

Oh, and uploading the pics to the blog only took less than 10 minutes. The long process was actually converting the e-mail files into files the blog would recognize. I just couldn't wait for Tamara to send me the CD!

Praying everyone gets better soon and you all have a much better weekend.

tm in oh said...

what an end to your week! congrats to Joel on his 1st tooth ~ and hope you all get better soon and no one else gets it :~)
luv ya! ! !!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that your day has been so bad. I pray for a quick healing for everyone and good rest for you. I love you, Aunt Mary

angie said...

Yikes! I hope that the weekend starts looking up for you...and all three boys. I also hope that YOU do not get sick...you need to take care of the little peanut baby:).

Terri H-E said...

Tomorrow's almost here. It can't possibly suck as much - it's saturday, after all!

Cheers to the gappy fellow. Feel better to the rest.

Cathy said...

Let us just cover your home with prayer. Looks like everyone needs them. Praying that his reflux is still under control.

Colleen said...

So sorry to hear about your bad day. I hope your weekend is better and more restful for your family:)

Gripping Mercy and Grace said...

Oh girlfriend, were we not in the same boat or what? Holding Abbs as she was cathed today was awful!!!! Her white blood count was 25,890!!!! Yeah, I am right there with ya sista! Will for sure be praying for the little man and the rest of them too! We need a vacation! Your in my thoughts and hugs!!! Love ya girl!

Michelle said...

I did the same thing when Austin was being tested to find out what was 'wrong' with him. I told them they had to bag him if they wanted his urine! (he was 14 months old)

Finding Normal said...

I hate the cath. And Addison's got a funky angle going on, so it always takes lots of digging and wiggling.
Hope they're all better now, and you have a ick free weekend!

The VW's said...

Hope all of your boys are feeling better soon! HUGS!!!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Poor boys! I hope they all feel better soon. I can understand not wanting them to cath him. It's hard enough to cath my Peanut, I'm sure a boy is even harder!!

Kelly said...

What a day! I hope things take a turn for the better soon. Kelly F

Day to Day Tripper said...

I have 3 little boys as well and a regular day is exhausting..I can't imagine 3 sick and having to be at the doctor's office!

I wouldn't have wanted my little boy cathed either. The bag was the way to go...they can do it later if they really need to.

You are in my thoughts. I hope your boys are better soon.