Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Walking under that sign.

So the babies heart sounded good, and my pee must have been fine too cause no one said anything. I do however have a lump in my breast, that was hard to type, not the lump, but the breast. The doctor noticed it at my very first appointment but said it was superficial, and wasn't concerned, since it is still there, and now she isn't sure if it is superficial, she wants me to have an ultrasound tomorrow. So tomorrow at 1:00 I will be walking under the sign that says Cancer institute on it. The doctor doesn't seem overly concerned, lots of people have lumpy breasts, (still hard to type that word), she is just being careful, and since I was asking lots of questions like Dr.Oz on Oprah told me to do, she could tell I was worried, and ordered the ultrasound. I don't think I am worried, but I still have to walk under that cancer sign above the door. that is scary right?

Alex isn't sick by the way, he only threw up the once on Monday morning, and hasn't since. Not sure if it was reflux or what, but he is fine......

14 comments:

Marissa said...

Maybe if you type the word more and more. Here, I'll help... breast breast breast breast breast breast breast breast breast breast breast breast breast breast. I hope I made you smile at least a little. :)

I am glad the baby looks and sounds good. I'll be praying for you tomorrow as you walk under that scary sign.

Hugs to you sister,

Alicia

Molly said...

Jess:
I've had to have an ultrasound done for a lump on my breast before. Some women just have lumpy breasts. I know it's going to be all OK, but nonetheless I'll say an extra prayer for you!

Brandi said...

I'm a lumpy one too! :) Never an issue! I wonder what all of the other people who have a hard time saying the word are doing now? I can't wait to hear!

My prayers are with you Jessica.

Brandi

The VW's said...

Glad the baby is doing well! I pray that your ultrasound goes well tomorrow! I'll be praying! I've had a couple of scares due to lumpy breasts, hope this is the case for you too!

P.S. Don't look at the sign! I'm sure that it is nothing!

Sawyer said...

lump is usually the word used to describe my "breast" ha ha. I will be praying for you, I am sure all will be okay. I am glad to hear that the baby is doing so well. I am excited to find out what you are having. Good luck tomorrow!

Hope said...

I'm glad your baby looks good and Alex isn't sick. As far as the lump, the waiting is always the worst. I'm thinking of you. It's hopefully a cyst.

Kristi said...

Thinking of you tomorrow. Big hugs sent your way. Glad your appt went well with baby

Anonymous said...

HI i had a lump in fact i still have it. and it is just me a with a normal no cancer lump!!! some people are lumpier then normal.... maybe it is just bigger than normal milk duct like mine. still scarey but better to know then not know.

melanie from canada

Finding Normal said...

I had an ultrasound done when I was pumping for Addison. I felt a lump. The doc couldn't find it, but sent me for an us anyway. It was all good, just milk ducts. I'll pray for similar news for you. The worst part is sitting there, waiting for someone to say something, since the person who does the ultrasound is not usually the one who tells you it's nothing.
Don't forget to shave your armpits. ;) I was told not to wear deodorant to it, so stick some in your purse!
I'll be praying for you.

Kelly said...

Yuck...I don't like this one bit. I will send up some big prayers that you just have lumpy boobs.

Kelly

Michelle said...

Okay, so yes I would be scared too. Like you need any more stress right? ;) We'll be praying for good results!

Sara said...

It's scary, I agree.

I will pray it all comes out just fine it was just a precautionary visit.

Sara

Heather Devino said...

Whatever happens, God will get you through it. You're strong (stronger than you thought, I bet) and you know as well as I do, everything happens for a reason. I can't tell you it's all gonna be okay, but I will tell you that I know you can handle it. I love you sweetie and will certainly be thinking of you at 1:00 this afternoon. Keep us updated, okay?

Myssie said...

Lumpy Boobs here too!! ;0) I am praying for you!!