Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thank you, thank you, thank you!


First of all I just want to thank you all who signed your name, and promised to never use the R word, and you teachers that promised to not allow your students to use it, this is huge, if we can stop it early, we could possibly change an entire generation! Every time a new person told me they signed and had Alex's back tears came to my eyes. This is so important to me, and to see that it is to you as well means the world. So thank you!
Also thank you for all your lumpy breast comments, it made me feel so much better knowing about all those other lumpy breasts that were healthy! Love your encouragements!


Ok, on to the appointment. After walking under the cancer institute sign, I checked in and went straight for the cancer and breast pamphlets. Quickly reading I saw a paragraph that said ultrasounds are good for diagnosing a found lump as either a fluid filed cyst or a solid mass which may be cancerous.

My name was called, and once I was on the table, I asked the wonderful sweet lady if she was able to tell me what she saw or if I had to wait for the doctor, of course, I had to wait. As soon as the lump appeared on the screen, I said that looks like it has fluid in it, she then said I cannot confirm that, but you should get a job here. After weekly sonograms with Alex apparently I'm a bit of an expert. So as I had already diagnosed the doctors report was that it is a fluid filled cyst, that will cause no harm. It may be there forever, it may not. What a weight that was lifted, now I can focus on the long life I will live, and take care of these babies!




18 comments:

The VW's said...

Great news!!! Thanks for letting us know! What a relief!

Marissa said...

PRAISE GOD!!! I have been thinking about you all day. I am so glad to hear this!

Alicia

tm in oh said...

This just goes to show that we don't know what is going on in other people's lives . . it reminds me of a year ago, how a few little words have the potential to change your life forever. We all need each other and I am glad you share with us!LUV YA!

Kelly said...

I am so glad!! That "C" thing did not fit into my plan!! :)

Kelly W.

Rebecca Jo said...

So glad you saw it yourself & realized what it was so you didnt have to wait any longer!!! So happy to hear good news!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Jessica. That is indeed good news. Those cysts are in the Jones family and we all have had them. My doctor said it is hereditary. With that said, you still need to always get it checked out. I am so happy for the great news. I love you!
Aunt Mary

Finding Normal said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! I've been thinking about you all day!
I cannot believe you're in week 17. I'm sure it's going slowly for you, but it's flying by for me. LOL

Brandi said...

I've been thinking about you all day Jessica. I am so glad you got the "unofficial" results and that they were good. Maybe a medical degree is in your future...huh?

I love looking at pictures of you with your boys! You inspire me so much!

Mandy said...

Awesome news!

I had signed the "r word" thing over on Finding Normal's site. I'm a teacher and mother and would never/will never allow my students or children to use the r word in a derogatory manner.

So glad the appt. went well!!

LOVE the pic!

Anonymous said...

Yeah glad everything is great melanie from canada

Michelle said...

So glad to hear good news. What a blessing.

angie said...

Glad that the results were good. Sorry that I have not been checking blogs lately, but I will always have all of our children's backs. They are my heros...and I will learn more in my life from them than I will from all of the other people that I know of "average" IQ! I am in constant search of people using the "R" word...because I feel that they need to be educated (including my own sister-in-law....who IS a teacher:(.

Jason and Vanessa said...

Praise the Lord that is such good news!
Vanessa

Lorelle said...

soooooooooo glad to hear the appt went well.. i follow your blog all the time and not sure if i've ever commented or not.

would you do all of us a sweet favor and please post pictures of that growing belly??
there's nothing more beautiful than a pregnant belly!

Luke's Mom said...

Love the new picture, what darling children you have. So glad to hear your good news, what a relief!

Suzi

Jacqui said...

I've not been able to read the blogs a I follow for a couple of days, and have just read your last three posts. How much has happened in your life in these last 3 days!!!! I join with many others that are delighted to hear the good news from your scan. whew!

Cathy said...

boy, I sure have missed a lot. Didn't even know about the lump. Praising God that you are ok. I will have to catch up reading this week.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Thank goodness!! What a relief.

That picture of you with your boys is beautiful. :)