Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Peek-A-Boo!

This isn't the best video because you cant see my hands which is an important part of the video, and there is a certain 7 year old in the background trying to distract you away from the action. So you may have to watch it twice to watch Noah in the background, then focus on Alex. So, here is what is going on. I ask Alex if he wants to play peek-a-boo, he then looks down to get one of my hands, then turns and gets my other hand, then lifts my hands to put them over my face so we can play peek-a-boo.

Why is this exciting??? Alex has no words, but I know he understands much of what we say to him like want to go bye bye, lets read a book, take a bath, take a bite, and do you want to play peek a boo. When your child cannot tell you what they want, it is so encouraging to see evidence that they can and will communicate with you. So enjoy, and dont forget to pause the music at the bottom of the blog!




.

14 comments:

tm in oh said...

you can totally see him engaging you in the game ~ YEA! and as for Noah, well, I have one of those, too. Got to love them :) miss ya!

Terri H-E said...

Exciting...and just the beginning of communication victories!

Hurray, Alex. May you soon give your mother the pleasure of rolling her eyes and asking "Again? Peek-a-boo again?"

(For me there are 2 milestones hit with each communication development - first when Addie acheives it and when she's so good, persistent and clear about it that I forget to get excited each time and even start to get annoyed with it. I love that!)

Kristi said...

That's so cute little man.

The VW's said...

How cute! Alex, you are a smarty pants! And, look at him snuggle his Momma! Precious!

Rebecca Jo said...

I just cant get enough of that little man's smile!!!

Totally cracking up too at your son in the background!!

Brandi said...

What a smart little guy! Noah is going to love this video when he is older knowing that the whole world was watching him be a goof! :)

Marissa said...

That is THE BEST!!!!! What a great job Alex!

Alicia

tica said...

Sooooo cute!!!! and soooo smart!!! i have a huuge crush on your son! way to go Alex!!

Taryn said...

that's so awesome to see!

I haven't been following your blog for all that long, but watching this video does make me wonder if you've tried baby signs with him - it really does wonders with pre-verbal kids!!

(and older one in the background is pretty entertaining as well!0

connie said...

Oh, I just found a whole world of Alex that I was missing. Until a couple of wks ago, we still had dial-up.

What a nice thing to see our sweet boy play. He makes me so proud!

connie said...

And I just read your baby thingy on the right ... apparently, your waistline has "pretty much disappeared." Did you notice?? :)

Cindy said...

Great job, Alex! And Noah has been drafted to teach Alex how do stretch his mouth in all different directions...you know, for speech therapy.

Phillippa said...

I love that raspberry blowing on your chest right at the end!

Finding Normal said...

Wahoo! That is very purposeful communication!!!