Friday, March 13, 2009

Tired


This picture of Alex pretty much sums up our week....Tired. Tired of throwing up, tired of not eating, tired, of not smiling, tired of fussing, tired, tired, tired. It has been a week since the fever, and first throw up, it has to be over soon, right? Yesterday I spoon fed Alex in the morning, and gave him his regular amount of peptamin jr, and he didn't seem to have any trouble, he even played for a bit on the floor without fussing. After nap, which was very short, I didn't spoon feed, but I gave him his regular amount of peptamin, and 20 minutes after it was done, can you guess what happened? Yes, throw up, but strangely enough it wasn't his peptamin, it was bile, hmmm? A pretty throw up really, bright yellow,nothing like the throw up of a 4 year old. After two weeks of vomit, it becomes natural to clean it up, and notice the pretty things about it:) No I really dont think its pretty, but let me find some humor in this week, please! It wasn't very much throw up, but next feed he got 2 oz of peptamin and the rest was pedialyte. Poor baby, poor me.......Today will be better....I hope.

14 comments:

Marissa said...

Poor guy! I understand your need to find humor right now. You go ahead and call throw up pretty, I'll be laughing and trying not to cry right along with you! :)

Here's hoping and praying that the weekend gets better for everyone!

Alicia

Our Journey said...

there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! our tunnel was 3 weeks long!! filled with vomit, fevers, infections and on and on!!

wishing you the best!

take care,

gena

Rebecca Jo said...

you & alex both have to be tired....

things have to get better soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that the week was so icky. I pray that starting today, you will all be feeling much better. I think the weekend should be filled with lots of good rest. I love you!

Aunt Mary

Following Him said...

Got the humor and with your week it was needed :) Hope Alex feels better soon!
~Elyse~

The VW's said...

Man! A week of throw up?! You poor girl! Hang in there, it has to end!

Cindy said...

The pendulum will swing soon and a bright day of happiness and health will be here soon!

My word verification is "erping"...which is what Tom calls a verp (a vomit/burp).

Staci said...

Hope everyone feels better soon! If you can't find the pretty things in the vomit then you might just go crazy! Take care

boltefamily said...

Praying for rest and good health on the horizon. Love to all of you!

Kristi said...

Noah and I both have a stomach virus right now and its horrible. He is living on pedialyte and me on water. We both can't keep anything down. Yucky, I know how you feel

Gripping Mercy and Grace said...

Oh how I miss you! I must call you soon! Life is so BUSY!!!! IM THINKING OF YOU ALL THE TIME SWEET FRIEND!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Oh man. It is true that we have to laugh about the puke and such or we'll go crazy!!

My peanut threw up her morning feed this morning as well, and then threw up the same yellow bile. She must have talked to Alex overnight.

Jacqui said...

SENDING YOU BIG HUGS. Really praying that Alex recovers soon. We have also been through those Valleys of Vomit - not a pleasant place even to the most seasoned of travellors.

Kelly said...

Poor guy...poor you!

I hope this week is much better than the last!

Kelly W.