Monday, March 9, 2009

Replacing fevers with smiles




As you can tell from these pictures I took last night at bedtime, Alex is feeling better.The last picture I took as I walked in to lay him back down, its what we do every night. He pulls up, then cries when he cant see to get down, so we go in and help him, he goes from crying to making this sweet smile in a matter of seconds, as soon as he sees us he smiles. I guess this could lead to a potential problem in the future, but we are so glad he is pulling up to things, and we don't pick him up and play, or even cuddle, we just lay him back down.
With lots of sleep, and extra water at night Alex made a complete turn around. No more fever, no more vomit, no more, well he still is a little grumpy, but I think that is the tooth coming in the right side of his mouth, the drool and chewing on his finger tells me that.
My second born will be turning 5, next Sunday. I cant believe it, I remember the day he was born so clearly, like it was yesterday, but that's for another post.
I'm not sure how I got away with not reporting to you how my doctor appointment went last week. The heartbeat was in the 150's, and everything continues to look good as far as I am concerned. Ive gained more weight than I should have at this point, but that's how this pregnant girl rolls.
The weather has been so nice, I can taste spring. I'm ready to get out of the house! Take Alex on his first bike ride, and go to the park. This week will bring colder weather, but it will come soon! So back to The regular things of the week, well, no! Now I get to start packing boxes! What fun!

6 comments:

The VW's said...

What a sweet smile! He is such a cutie! Have fun packing! Glad to hear he's feeling better!

Hope said...

He's adorable!! I'm so glad he's feeling better. Don't even worry about weight!! Enjoy having an excuse to eat all you want:)

Following Him said...

What a sweetheart. Hope he is less grumpy today :)
~Elyse~

Marissa said...

So happy to see his smiling face!

Good to hear that your pregnancy is going along well.

Alicia

Anonymous said...

Good news all the way around for you - yeah! I am so glad that Alex is feeling better. I pray you are feeling better too. Yes, spring is coming and with it are promises of new beginnings. I am so happy for your new home. When is the big moving day? God bless your day, sweet Jessica!

Love, Aunt Mary

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I'm so glad to see that little guy smiling again!! :)