Thursday, February 19, 2009

Oh poop!

That's right this post is about poop. Alex has been blessed with being able to poop for 16 months, no medicines, only on occasional suppository. However, now that the little bird is eating so much things have changed in the poop department, and yes there is a poop department. the past few weeks have been the first of the suppository's, then yesterday I gave him milk of mag, still no results, so I finally went and got miralx. I think I will give him a day of rest, and if there is still no poop, Friday morning he will get his very first dose of the pooping medicine. It was bound to happen, practically every child with RTS I know is on it, its part of the RTS deal really, we have just been able to dodge it until the good eating came. I wouldn't trade the good eating for the easy pooping, but it was nice while it lasted.
Miralx, I surrender.

I thought about posting a picture of cow poop or some other google image to go with this post, but it seemed inappropriate............

p.s If your child poops with ease everyday, enjoy it!!!!!

10 comments:

Brandi said...

Welcome to the club Alex! Miralax works wonders. Just tell your mommy that you may need to be changed a little more often because sometimes surprises happen when you least expect them!

Kelly said...

Well...like Brandi said...welcome to the club! Thank goodness this part of RTS is very manageable. Figure out a good dose of Miralax and stick with it. AK takes 2 tsp each and every day for a nice and regular "go-go".
Kelly W.

Kelly said...

Miralax works for us. Max gets about 1.5 teaspoons a day and it usually does the trick. Good luck! Kelly F

Imse said...

Welcome to the club.
I have spoken with other parnents who have RTS children her i norway, and almost all of them need something to poop;) Hannah gets lactulose ( is it called lactulose in english too ?? ) every day og poops 2-3 times a week. One year ago she screamed andr cried everytime, but it`s much better now, and it became a lot better when she startet to crawl now i january!

I hope your own health is OK, not to much illness or so!

Love from Ceccilie and Hannah in norway.

The VW's said...

Thanks for not posting any poop pictures!! I guess I should be thankful that Gavin does not have this problem, but let me tell you that poop up the back and down the leg diapers are NOT fun either! :) Praying for poop!

Kristi said...

LOL. Sorry this post is funny. I just posted about this on the list.. I have had to surrender to Miralax a long time ago.. But it works I guess if you find the right dosage. Trying to find one for Noah

Melanie said...

MIRALAX is my son's best friend!!
sometimes it takes a couple days for it to work. We actually give him a little bit everyday just because he has SQCP so he isn't up moving around to work it out. But beware, give too much and the flood gates will open, and you will have some big time messes.......of course he'll feel better!!!

Lacey said...

I feel your pain. Jax doesn't go without his miralax and most of the time he even needs a suppository(and it has to be a liquid suppository)
We are doing the poopy dance for you:)

Shari said...

I hear you Jessica. I have one that has trouble in the poop dept due to a malformation in his gut that's not repairable. We use Miralax all the time.

trista said...

Ah, good ol' Miralax! Even without RTS, both Abbie & Will have had poop issues. We have an economy size that gets pulled out every so often. I'm not sure what their poor little intestines and bellies would do with out it! Mr. Miralax maker man....we salute you!! :)