Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Making a mess!!!!



I am ready and excited for Alex to pull all the toilet paper off the roll, pull the pots and pans out of the cabinets, and pull all the books off the book shelf, but for now I will settle for the mess he makes in his little area that I place him in. He managed to pull out every last toy in his basket of toys, and he does move around in the area I place him in about the width of a three to four foot circle.
Speaking of which this brings a question to my mind for you RTS moms. When my other boys started crawling they went from rocking to crawling all around the house in a matter of days maybe a few weeks. Alex goes forward on his hands and knees (well one leg is usually stretched out to the side), when you other moms say my child started crawling at 10 months, 15 months, 18 months, 2 years did you mean they were crawling all around the house, or taking a few "steps" in the little circle you placed them in? I don't think its time for the he is crawling post, but he certainly is mobile to a certain degree. So what did you mean when you say your child started crawling at this age? Were they crawling all around the house or just in a little area? That was a lot of rambling for one question.
Now for your questions, I have received a few emails asking about the recurrence of RTS for us. Thank you for your question. The chance of us having another child with RTS is the same as you having a child with RTS, it happens spontaneously, and most literature will tell you it happens 1 in every 100,000 births. So I suppose I would have to have 100,000 more babies:) RTS is not inherited, no one is a carrier, unless they themselves have RTS like Alex. So I'm not concerned with having another child with RTS, just the other million things that could go wrong.


Even though he has nap bed head, doesnt he look handsome with his new haircut.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

New haircut is cute and the mess is cute!!

It took AnnaKate a while to even crawl out of a room after she started. It was a gradual process over a period of months before she really was "all over the place."

Kelly W.

Finding Normal said...

He does look super cute. As always.
You just wait. You think you're ready for the cabinets and him eating the books. And in theory I'm so so happy Addison is making messes everywhere and destroying coloring books and nothing is safe around her. But in reality, it is exhausting to pick up after her and figure out what she could get into.
Glad to hear you'll be having another 100,000 babies. :)

Rebecca Jo said...

oh well - messes can be cleaned up - as long as he's enjoying himself... that little face just makes my dad each & every day!

The VW's said...

What a mess! Great job Alex! You adorable little man!

angie said...

Argh! My brain can't think that far back. It's crazy...it seems that I waited forever for her to crawl...and I just knew that I would never ever forget those moments, but now I can't remember all of the specifics. I know that she rocked for a couple of months. I remember when she first "crawled"....took that first crawling step, but it seems like she was crawling all over the place right away, when in reality she probably wasn't. I do remember that she took her 1st step (walking) on her 2nd birthday, but she was not really walking everywhere on her own until Christmas (which was 4 months later).

I love Alex's new haircut, and I can't wait to see your pictures of you with 100,000 babies:). You'll be right up there with the mom that just had octuplets...after already having 6 YIKES!!!

Yeah Alex for crawling...even if it's not everywhere yet! Your mama will appreciate every second of your naughtiness:).

Kristi said...

Noah crawled around 13 months. I remember it was right before Christmas. He never really rocked. He started doing what Alex is doing I think. When he first crawled it was in a little area around the living room but in a matter of a week or maybe two he ventured out of his safe area. Then there was no stopping him.

connie said...

Well, I feel a little better seeing the haircut. I was thinking you were going to go really short, but of course, I shouldn't have worried. He's so cute.

Now me, you have to worry about. There are no nurses to hold me back from "evening out" the "trim" (to the scalp) I have done for the various scalp IV's, but there is still Hannah. She begs me not to do it....

Tena said...

I honestly can't remember when Caden crawled, but my typical little 13 month old isn't crawling yet, not even getting on hands and knees! He's a lazy little turd, God bless their contented hearts!!

Michelle said...

Austin crawled at 17 months but I claimed 'crawling' when he could move forward at all by moving his arms and legs in the crawling motion. I didn't care how far or fast he went. I think it took him a good two weeks before he was capable of crawling across a room and months before he was anywhere near fast at it.

Jacqui said...

Matt took a very long time to go from moving onto all fours to then moving his hand forwards (whilst his legs were stationary). He would then move forward until lying on tummy. It took him ages to figure out he could move his legs. I know we did a lot to help him to learn to move his legs independently from each other. Our PT explained that that is the real turning point when it comes to crawling. One he figured it all out he was still very cautious and would only crawl short distances in familiar environments. Slowly he built up confidence to go full speed in crawling. Then he developed into the speediest crawler this side of the equator :)