Friday, January 9, 2009

Update

(Alex with fever asleep with his hand in my mouth)


We saw the doctor and he said a late July surgery would be fine. This was the best time in my mind, due to some vacations planned and it feels so far away, I have time to get used to the idea of yet another surgery. He said if all went well we would go home the same day. I will have an official date when the secretary calls me later next week.

The PDA is still there, and we are waiting to hear from the cardiologist to see if he will want to watch it for another year, or close it. So another surgery pending, and this one is on his heart. It is a very standard and easy procedure, but it is my boys heart we are talking about.

So I guess we are just waiting for dates, and decisions.

When we got home from the appointments Alex came down with a 102.0 fever. I guess we only stayed on the up swing for a short time. Although still no throw up, and the poop is regular, so i wont complain. Poor baby had a long day.

15 comments:

Kelly said...

AnnaKate ran crazy fevers until she was about 2...now she is as healthy as she could be! There is light!!!

Kelly

Cheri said...

Praying that swing goes up again. Looks like it was a long day for both of you! Cheri

Anonymous said...

Surgery for PDA was pretty normal when my son was in the NICU. Good luck & hang in there.. u both are in my thoughts

Cindy said...

Mom had a long day too! I know how hard it is to run around to doctor's appointments, and then come home with a sick kid. Praying for you!

Following Him said...

Poor baby and Mom. I agree with Cindy on this one. Hang in there and hopefully he will feel better tomorrow!
~Elyse~

connie said...

I always love the hand in mom's mouth thing. One of the many sweet things about Alex that makes him ... him.

I hope you get some sleep tonight, and that Alex feels better soon.

The VW's said...

Poor little guy! I hope that he gets better soon! I'll be praying that he does not have to have the surgery on his heart and that it closes on its own! Hang in there Momma!

Ally in Wonderland said...

I hope he gets better soon and all the news from the doctors is positive!

Kristi said...

Feel better Alex.. Was just getting caught up on your blog been out of town for 2 weeks.. I always see the same toys that Noah has in your pictures. Noah loves that mirror toy too.

Myssie said...

I hope that you guys are feeling better today! Thinking of you...

Kindyland said...

Hi. I saw your blog on another one. I have a son with arthrogryposis, so just wanted to stop by and say hello. Alex sure is cute! :)

angie said...

I hope that the bird is feeling better soon. What cute pictures though:). I hope that both surgeries go well. Em had her PDA repaired at 4 months. It's never fun or easy to send them to surgery.

The Peacock's said...

Oh bummer, fevers are no fun. We are getting ready for the same follow up appointments for his PDA and teste. Hoping all goes well!

tabitha said...

miss you, Jessica. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Sarah says "Hi" to her Joely!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Poor poppet, I hope he feels better soon!