Thursday, January 22, 2009

Now thats just cute!

I got out a toy that has been sitting in Alex's closet since he turned 1. It may appear as though he is pushing himself around, but I pushed him, and he loved it! He did give himself a few pushes forward, but didn't make attempts to really go anywhere. I think we found something new to do when we play. Alex is getting stronger and stronger every day with his crawling skills, the Pt said he is creeping, he can creep about 12 inches now. He pulls up constantly in his bed, good for him, bad for sleep. He is also doing really well with eating, and for Alex that means moving his face forward for bites, occasionally opening his mouth for them, and most of the time not turning his head away from the spoon. He is now eating about 2 and a half ounces of food a day. So we are moving forward.
Mmm Mmmm Mmmmmmm! You are so cute Alex!






15 comments:

boltefamily said...

You are SO right! Too cute!

Cindy said...

Wow...creeping is the next thing before crawling. He's going to be doing it any minute, Jessica!

And his hair is getting so long! Are you going to leave it long or give him a buzz like his brothers? I keep thinking Konrad needs a cut, but his is curly so it doesn't look as long as it is.

Kelly said...

What good balance Alex has! I don't think AnnaKate could do that before she crawled. When AnnaKate could do riding toys it was always backwards first! :)

Glad to see you also have progress on eating.

Kelly

Laurie in Ca. said...

Yep mom you are right, TOO CUTE!! I love how balanced he is and how his little back is so straight here. I am such a slouch. I think he is doing wonderfully and glad that he is feeling better.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

The VW's said...

Definitely cute!!! Great job Alex and how fun!

Following Him said...

YAY Alex :) What a great job little guy :)
~Elyse~

Michelle said...

LOL Austin couldn't ride those toys till he was well into 2 years old cause he has short legs! All his length is in his torso!

Kristi said...

Noah has that same push toy. He beeps the horn and walks around the house with it..

Rebecca Jo said...

Looks like he's ready to zoom on that thing!!! Sounds like progress is going! Doesnt have to be HUGE to be progress - does it?

Kelly said...

I think he is going to be crawling soon! He looks so grown up on the riding toy and so confident. Kelly F

Ally in Wonderland said...

I have figured out why I find all the photos of him so darn cute. I just love that shaggy hair look on him. Normally I can't stand it, but he looks so adorable!!!

Nancy said...

Great job, Alex! It's amazing to see the progress he has made in just the few short months that I have been reading your blog. I expect any day now to check in and see him crawling! :)

TCM said...

hi precious friend... cant sit long, but wanted to tell you I love you too and thanks for your hugs through the computer! I am so happy for you and this awesomeness of your sweet Alex sitting on his toy and looking at himself in the mirror! WOWHA Lord that is.... wow what a MIRACLE! Please give him smoochies for me right on those chubby sweet cheeks! Miss you, again thanks, you make my heart sing!

The Peacock's said...

He does look so cute, he looks like a big boy sitting on that toy.

I just LOVE, LOVE his hair too. Don't ever cut it.

connie said...

what an amazing picture, the mirror one. I also love, LOVE his hair.