Saturday, January 3, 2009

It wont be the same without you.......

Oh Pa Paw, I would give anything to be able to give you a hug, tell you how much I have always looked up to you. I wish it hadn't been so long since I heard you laugh, and sat next to you and talked. I wish so much that I could have told you what a hero you are to me, I guess i thought you would always be there. Visiting Colorado meant seeing you, smelling you, admiring you. I miss you so much. You left a legacy as big as the mountains you loved. I hope you know how much I love you. Life goes on, but it wont be the same without you. (your favorite grand daughter...Jessica)




































































Lloyd Jesse Willard Jones our beloved Husband, Daddy, Dad, Big Pa, Gramps, Grandpa, PaPaw, Poppy, Jones went home to be with his Savior, Jesus, on December 30, 2008. He was 86 years young.

Lloyd was born in New Liberty, Mo., to Silas and Myrtle Jones on Feb 18, 1922. He was one of nine children and grew up on the family farm in Missouri. At the age of 15 he began what was a life long love of the timber business. He cut and hauled his last load of logs at age 85. He loved the mountains of Colorado and when he moved to Fort. Collins in 1946 he knew he was home. It was this home where he and his wife Eileen raised their family of four daughters. To his girls he was known as "Daddy", and to his seven grandchildren he was known as "Gramps, Grandpa, BigPa and PaPaw, to his 13 great-grandchildren he was known as Poppy, Grandpa, and Jones.

Lloyd proudly served his country during World War 2. He served November 1942 through October 1945. He served in Europe and North Africa. He was awarded three Purple Hearts, Sharpshooter medal and various other medals.


Lloyd's life was a showcase of Gods redeeming grace and he knew that Gods strength was made perfect in his weekness.


Lloyd was preceded in death by his wife of 50 years, Eileen a son Lloyd Wayne, his parents, three brothers, three sisters, and many other loved ones.


God brought a special gift to Lloyd in March of 2006. His precious Betty came into his life and God gave them three beautiful years living in the mountains abouve Fort Collins. Betty was a gift not only to him but to his daughters and their families.

Lloyd is survived by his dear Betty, brother Silas, sister Mildred, daughters Melba, Mary (doug), Sharon (Jim), Tricia (Alan), grandchildren Michael (Sherri), Kevin, Mark (Anna), James (Kristin), Jarrod (Tonya), Joshua (Chelle), Jessica (Adam), and 13 great grandchildren.




Memorial contributions to be made to the Lloyd Jones Memorial Fund in care of Bohlender Funeral Chapel, 121 West Olive, Fort Collins, Co 80524.
Click below, scroll down a bit, on the right is photo galleries, and click on World War Two Veteran's burial, to see the article that made FRONT page in the Coloradoan............

9 comments:

Marissa said...

Jessica,

What a wonderful tribute to your PaPaw. Out of all the photos, many of which reminded me of my own Grandpa who died 1 1/2 years ago, the one that made me cry the hardest was the empty chair. It so reminded me of my Grandpa's favorite recliner. I could also relate to the military funeral. My Grandpa was in the Air Force during WWII and ended his service as a Lt. Col. He is buried in Pueblo next to his father and mother and my Grandma.

I am so proud that my Grandpa got to meet my daughter. He had cataract surgery in Denver at the same time Marissa was transfered to TCH for heart surgery. When he was released from St. Joe's, he came to see Marissa, his Great Grand-daughter.

Gosh, I haven't cried this hard in a long time. Thank you for sharing your sweet handsome PaPaw with us.

Love you,

Alicia

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Thank you for sharing your PaPaw with us. The second picture, in uniform .. he is so handsome!

The funeral pictures made me cry, having buried my grandmother last year.


(((hugs)))

Following Him said...

What a tribute to your PawPa. Wish he could have been here to read what you just wrote. My great uncle died on the 29th of December and was a great man too. Your true love for him shines!
Prayers go out to you and your family!
~Elyse~

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing.

I am so glad you got to go and be there with your family.

Kelly W.

angie said...

What an amazing man...and very handsome! The pictures are priceless. So glad that you were able to spend time with your family in the place that your Grandpa so greatly loved. Glad that you are back too:).

Nannette said...

What a wonderful tribute to your PawPaw, and what comfort in knowing you will see him again and spend eternity together!

Anonymous said...

Great Job honoring Daddy, Jessica. Thanks for coming to Colorado and for singing so beautifully. You really honored Daddy's memory when you sang. I know it was hard but YOU DID IT!!!
I love you, Aunt Mary

Rebecca Jo said...

A military man... who earned 3 Purple Hearts... amazing! I know you must be proud of your Papaw!

tcsamson08 said...

Jess, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa! What a wonderful tribute you've written here. The few times I met him and spent time with him - he was such a kind man, impossible to not love! =) Keep him alive in your heart, and give your mom a hug for me!