Monday, December 1, 2008

100,000 hits


A year ago I didn't want anyone to know that Alex had Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome, I didn't want him to be labeled the boy with a syndrome, or the boy with the feeding tube, or even as different. Then I started blogging, and slowly it became easier and easier to say Alex has a feeding tube, and Alex was diagnosed with RTS. So many of you reached out to me, and so many of you I call my very dear friends even though we haven't met. I'm proud of Alex, and all his differences. I get to be his mamma, and 100,000 hits later you all got to see me change, and Alex get stronger, make you laugh, maybe make you cry. 100,000 hits later we are doing great. Its still too hard, and I still wish and hope, but I'm proud to say here is my Alex, and shout it out to the world!
Thank you all for your encouragement, and advice, for understanding, reaching out, or even just lurking :)from miles away.

Thanks to Sarah Burch, Michelle, Angie, and Alicia for donating an ornament, know that you will warm someones heart in a cold, lonely place this Christmas. I will be driving the ornaments down to the NICU this December 23. If you would like to donate an ornament to go to the NICU that Alex was in for 6 weeks you can email me at japruitt99@msn.com, and I can tell you what to do. If you live near me feel free to drop off the ornament with a NICU note.

Isn't this giving thing fun!!!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

You are doing great and so is Alex. Lots of hugs coming your way.. Your tree looks beautiful..

Karalyn said...

100,000 hits later and Alex is still adorable!

siscaboo said...

I have watched you grow so much these past months. You are a wonderful mom who was and is finding her footing on this journey. You are doing awesome. You can tell through Alex. Those smiles say so much.

I am donating blankets with bible verses to the NICU where JT was. And we are cooking a Christmas dinner at the Ronald McDonald house were I stayed every weekend for almost 9 months. My girls are knitting little preemie baby scarves for the babies in the NICU and they are also doing 25 more for the RMH.

And yes, this giving thing is totally too much fun!

Kelly said...

Wow...aren't you the popular girl! Well really Alex is the popular one. I am so glad you guys are in our life!

Kelly

Laurie said...

I am so thankful you decided to share Alex and your adorable boys with us. I don't see a syndrome when I look at him, just the most sparkling eyes and the hugest smile that lights my day.One tough little guy who is paving his own way so beautifully. You both have come such a long way this past year and I have learned so much from you. It may always be too hard but the changes that the Lord has brought you through will give you the strength you need to keep on keeping on. When you run low, just let us know and we will lift you up to the one who strengthens you. You guys are a blessing.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Shari said...

I am so thankful you decided to start a blog. I like the fact you keep it real and don't hide behind fancy words and phrases. When I read Alex's story I must say I truly believe and know he's a miracle baby. Yes, he has RTS, but just looking at him there is perfection. He's adorable and that smile will melt anyone's heart. I know it's very difficult with him and his daily routine, issues, etc. But you never cease to amaze me with the grace in how you handle it. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the blog and to pray for your family.

Jacqui said...

Loving being on journey with you. You are such a gift to us and many.